Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VFC H&K 416 Discussion

Options
  • 05-06-2008 11:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

As per Review rules, feel free to ask Q's in here., :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Can I borrow it....just for a month or twelve!! nice piece mate:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Droooool. Getting one from Shiva tomorrow. They're a beaut. Can't wait to add some attachments.

Great review, and some nice photos, they really do the 416 justice

<edit> the standard peq holds the 8.4V and 9.6V batteries, don't they?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

it can easily take the 9.6 battery in it, if you get a custom battery i reckon you could maybe throw a 10.8 or higher in that PEQ, might wanna tune the gearbox a little first though.,

Would you recommend running it off a 9.6V?
    I can pick one up later today with the 416

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Yeah M8 they dont work too well with an 8.4 there designed for a 9.6

• Advertisement

Some of them come with bearing bushing and some dont for some strange reason, the ones with plastic bushings might be a bit slow on an 8.4, mine has proper bearing bushings in so its pretty decent on 8.4v but im still gonna put a bigger battery in., :D

Great, better get a couple of 9.6's so. Thanks Vtec and Liamo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

I got one a few weeks ago and am delighted with it. Just to confirm what Vtec said; some come with nylon bushings and some with metal...

I did a re-wiring for a crane stock and indeed mine had the nylon bushings which I changed for metal bearing bushings while I was at it. I just used a dboys crane stock which works perfect and it's actually a much better fit than the VFC stock.

It takes a large (2000 mAh) crane battery but the only problem is I should have got the nunchuck style instead of the 3-piece one which wont allow adjustment of the stock. Other than that it's really perfect.:)

On the nylon bushings - they are top quality; just because they are made from nylon doesnt mean they are not good - they perform fantastic and should last for ages as is. Oh, and the rewire for stock battery instead of peq is quite a straight forward job.;)

Gonna try it out tomorrow at hrta:D (touches wood [head])

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭davvowl

vfc's 416 is pure leetness.
    had one last year (even brought it with me here in Dublin)
    here's how it looked like : http://asg.kthx.eu/416/416mc.jpg
    then i sold it, no idea why to get a Magpul M4 and then sold again for a Sig 556 (for more pics check the link in my signature)

then i sold it a gain and came back to the 416... its so good. (and well, yeah,the new one is full of Magpul stuff too, but thats way off topic)

two things about the 416 from vfc :
    - the anti-reversal latch is faulty on alot of 416's
    - dont screw your pistol grip too hard into the gearbox, else the screwing it gona be flat in no time. the gearbox material is maybe to soft.

davvowl wrote: »
    - the anti-reversal latch is faulty on alot of 416's

that reminds me actually, it also has a cool feature where you can remove the grip and theres a cutout section in the gearbox for poking in a small screwdriver etc, to pop the anti reversal latch open.,:)

• Advertisement

Just getting the beast ready for tomorrow and was gonna use the wind up mag for the first time (not a mad fan of fiddly little keys), anyway, winding it and found that it winds then stops (making winding noise) then winds then stops...

mmmm, strange I thought, took out the bb's and decided to open it to have a look and the winder in just abs plastic - not worth a sh1t. I have a CA mag (which is broken and to be used as a battery box) and looked at the inside of it for comparison -

see picVFC and CA mags (Medium).JPG

You can see the VFC on the left (not exactly what I was expecting!:eek:)
    and the CA on the right. At least the CA has the space to allow for a nut or something to engage a winder key and give strength.

I'd love to have a look at the inside of another to see if it's the same...:confused:

The exterior of the VFC mag and markings are amazing but the interior is pretty poor (well for a key wind-up mag).

I've tried it in the CA mag case and it fits - might just use it as a wheel wind-up in this case....:rolleyes:

Anyway, I thought the key-wind up mags were wind and forget - but with this you have to wind as per std hicaps...

rant over..:)
    looking forward to tomorrow eitherway:p

bend a little loop in the key Aido., that what i did and then connected it to the mag with a lanyard thingy., :)

vtec wrote: »
    bend a little loop in the key Aido., that what i did and then connected it to the mag with a lanyard thingy., :)

I was looking at your loop and it's a good job but I dont think you understand the prob - the mag wont actually windup:)

ohhh right.,
    bring it in and i'll have a look at it for ya., :)

im a bit slow today, lol i keep writing words backwards too, funy thing is, im spelling them perfectly, just backwards., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

beautiful piece, vfc really do airsoft justice, kinda like pieces of art....

it always amazes me tho (and it isnt just vfc) that they put in all that effort and then nylon the gearbox...WTF!

its like they have all these artists and engineers who design the box, the look, pick the paint, stamp the pieces, get the logo right and then go

'ah jaysus, pass it to mikey 'the spanner' o brien -- he knows about the gearbox thing...'

and its not just vfc, it seems loads of companies do that....perhaps mikey the spanner is on contract to loads of companies...

i really love the spring loaded shim thing...How does that work Vtec? does it replace all the dicking about with shims, because if it does, where do i signup for that!!!

the battery idea is very smart...i assume you charge in place??

really great piece vtec...makes me want one....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Nice mod richie :D

Would a li-po fit in the handguard I wonder, they are low profile aren't they?
    Perhaps two could fit either side of the barrel :D
    But thats probably not possible.

I guess you soldered the cells yourself?
    Are they directly soldered together or is there a flexible joint?

Well done, lovely job, hate peq boxes myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

nice review i also have a vfc416, i love the beauty, a picture of your battery configuration would be appreciated.

the battery idea is very smart...i assume you charge in place??

really great piece vtec...makes me want one....

yep. i leave it in place, i have a connector tucked into the top of the front rail and just pull it out and stand it beside the charger, it would be great to have a removable battery but im not really that pushed, id sacrifice that just to have it the way it is now, nice and clutter free., :)
    Motosam wrote: »
    Nice mod richie :D
    I guess you soldered the cells yourself?
    Are they directly soldered together or is there a flexible joint?

Well done, lovely job, hate peq boxes myself.

The battery is a regular mini type that i split up into a 4 cell section and a 3 cell section and wired them in between, then shrink wrapped them up to be nice and clean.,
    Puding wrote: »
    a picture of your battery configuration would be appreciated.

Will do, I'll be modding it a bit soon for a 9.6 instead so i'll grab some then,. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭area51comando

hi vtec what other mags have you tried with your 416. I have 4 ics mags they don't feed properly at all the vfc one feeds flawlessly but i lost the f**king key. Great idea with the internal battery I'm going to put a full m16 stock on mine i hate battery boxes is it hard to rewire it to the stock?:)

i dont think ICS mags feed in them, ive tried them in a few M4s, (not the 416 though) and they always gave me hassle, i think its due to the odd hopup unit they have in the ICS., every other mag ive tried words grand, i use G&G mags, ARMY clone mags, MAG midcaps, Dboys mags, JG mags etc.,

• Advertisement

thanks vtec il buy some ca mags or something

if your looking for midcaps then i used the MAG ones and their great, for hicaps, its perfect on dboys mags and added to that you can now buy dboys hicaps with the 5.56mm markings and everything.,

just a note to say big Thank you Richie for your time and patience today. Your assistance with the mag is very much appreciated - and thanks for the heads up with regard to the full-auto problem I have with another AEG (of my own making as usual).

That's one serious level of stock behind you :eek: - some really nice models there. Sooo much I want to get.:D I keep saying I'll sell something - but I never do; I just keep buying:o

Also, thanks for the heads-up regarding the battery in the crane-stock on the 416. Gonna do it tonight.;) The 416 and new battery got it's first real outing on saturday last and it was flawless. Scary rate of fire and the battery lasted the whole day (unusual for me as I typically use 2 mini's in a day!)

Every day I learn something new, and today I was reminded how little I know

now, gotta sell something...:p

Thanks again Richie and Tony, really appreciate your help and service.
    Aidan.

lol., not at all aidan, thats called customer service, you derserve no less., ;)

What mm are the bushings in the 416 vtec:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

nylon 7mm i believe

yep their 7mm,.

cool thanks

Advertisement