Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mexican restaurant in Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

copeyhagen wrote: »
    havent been to el paso since it reopened, sister has a few times, said the prices have risen slightly and the portion sizes have dropped.

have been to la sirena a few times in malahide, lovely food and not too pricey. always menupages deals on

Went to la sirena once, definitely wont be going back. Small portions, expensive, and bad food.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jgh_

I'm surprised to see Canada got a mention in this thread since I don't think real Mexican food even exists there. Anyway bookmarking this thread for future reference!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I find that sometimes the person serving you spoons the watery juice stuff in which makes it watery. If they strain it with the spoon first it's grand.
    It's the same in Pablo Picante, sometimes they don't give the strainer that one shake that's needed to get rid of the watery stuff. Makes the end of the buritto a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,976 ✭✭✭✭listermint

+1

I don't get the Boojum hype. The main part of your post I agree with is: WATERY! Not pleasant at all.

Alert no taste buds alert...

The place is delicious. I want one now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

listermint wrote: »
    Alert no taste buds alert...

The place is delicious. I want one now. :(

I find it pretty tasteless, and my tastebuds are fine, thanks very much. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I find it pretty tasteless, and my tastebuds are fine, thanks very much. ;)
    I went there once based on the buritto thread and thought it was fairly poor too. It's out of my way, so haven't been back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I'm not sure how it's possible to find a boojum burrito pretty tateless? I switch between Boojum, Pablo Picante and Burritos and Blues, all of which are excellent.

Anyway moving on, try Cortina's in Dundrum. Fantastic place.

Saruman wrote: »
    I'm not sure how it's possible to find a boojum burrito pretty tateless?

By finding it pretty tasteless? That tends to achieve the finding it tasteless part. :pac: Boojum is OK and good value but people talk it up WAY too much. And the wateryness is a big problem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 eustie5

Aculpoca is defo the best and cactus jacks in the Italian quarter isn't bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

I tried boujum once and thought it was nice enough and very easy on the pocket :)

• Advertisement

tolow wrote: »
    I tried boujum once and thought it was nice enough and very easy on the pocket :)

Yeah, despite my bitching, I do think it's very good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

srEw5.jpg

qw4UD1e.jpg
    Birneybau wrote: »
    Boojums et al are bland, watery and overrated.

We need a Chipotle!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Saruman wrote: »
    I'm not sure how it's possible to find a boojum burrito pretty tateless? I switch between Boojum, Pablo Picante and Burritos and Blues, all of which are excellent.

Anyway moving on, try Cortina's in Dundrum. Fantastic place.
    +1 for Cortina's. Food is very nice, and they do some great sharing platters so you can try out a good few things. It's obviously not as cheap as a burrito place, but the prices are pretty decent for the quality you get. Lovely tequila mojitos as well.

Advertisement