Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom broadband

Options
  • 06-06-2008 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

quick question guys
    i connected to eircom broadband today with one of their packages
    it says always on broadband does this mean i could stay on the net day and night and still only get charged my package price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

Google is your friend.

Type "define:always on"

Thank me later ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yes and no. You have a download cap. If you exceed that then eircom can charge you extra. Most normal browsing will not cause you to go over your cap. Eircom haven't seemed to bother people about caps, I've gone over our cap a load of times and haven't gotten a word of grief from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

so basically they can still charge me above my package rate for over usage
    andif so what would be classed as over usage?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Your can stay connected 24/7 and not get charged extra.
    Don't worry about over usage (cap) as Eircom don't bother too much about it.

Enjoy your broadband. New BB users usually go a bit crazy downloading stuff when they get it first but after a couple of months they settle down to normal usage.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 59 ✭✭sz_danii

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Your can stay connected 24/7 and not get charged extra.
    Don't worry about over usage (cap) as Eircom don't bother too much about it.

Enjoy your broadband. New BB users usually go a bit crazy downloading stuff when they get it first but after a couple of months they settle down to normal usage.

try your luck ..... :)) advise from an insider !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

sz_danii wrote: »
    try your luck ..... :)) advise from an insider !

is that good or bad news?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 59 ✭✭sz_danii

Probably if your download limit is 10 gb and you make 12 gb "probably" nothing gonan happen ... but if you do that every month ... the server gonna pick your abuse up and it gonna start charging you !!!

Advertisement