Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver installation on Vista

Options
  • 06-06-2008 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

Ok

So I purchased dreamweaver today and am tearing hair out. Once purchased it said i could download a 258 MB file and I assumed this was the program. However is this just some sort of installer and I should wait for a CD with a 1GB file to arrive in the post.

Can anyone confirm this is correct? I've spent 2 hours trying to search for an answer on adobe and google with no joy.

Perhaps the good people here can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

As far as I know the Demo that you can download from the Adobe site is the full thing only with a time constraint ? (last time I checked they were around the 250 mb file size)

Who'd you buy it from ?

Also I know they pack Total Training with them so that could explain the larger file size maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

If you bought it from ADOBE you would of got the link for the full version with a 30 day trial limit on it.

Where did you but it from??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

Hi, I bought it from adobe

The site seemed to indicate that it would be shipped. However then an option appeared to ‘download files’. So I downloaded the file mentioned. Unpacked the file and hit setup.exe. Set up starts but then a msg says ‘insert dreamweaver cs3 to continue’ (doesn't indicate whether its a CD)

So I’m not sure whether I also need the CD, there’s no indication on my adobe account what I’m to do. Initially when you go on the site it asks do you want it shipped or a download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Not sure mate - can only confirm I am running CS3 with no problem on Vista, but I had the physical CD. Suggest you give the support line a call. They're pretty helpful (mind you at those prices they would want to be!). And just to depress you a little, the beta for CS4 is ready!

I did try the demo beforehand on XP, and the download from the site worked fine. Pretty sure it is the full version and just needs activating with your reg details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

just for reference the problem was that i had the files saved to my e drive rather than the c drive. worked perfectly when i moved them

• Advertisement
Advertisement