Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those doing 6HL subjects - how do you view your ordinary one?

Options
  • 06-06-2008 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Piss-take?

Mine is Irish, I'm doing NOTHING for it, concentrating on all maths for Monday, then all Business for Tuesday.

How much % is Irish OL Paper 2 worth? I might walk out after 10 mins to study.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

fivetwenty wrote: »
    Piss-take?

Mine is Irish, I'm doing NOTHING for it, concentrating on all maths for Monday, then all Business for Tuesday.

How much % is Irish OL Paper 2 worth? I might walk out after 10 mins to study.

My OL is maths.
    I'm putting more work into it than anything else because it is also my weakest subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭LayLay

It's worth like 18%, I think. It is not a lot anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭La0Fruitcake

My OL is maths.
    I'm putting more work into it than anything else because it is also my weakest subject.

me to but no matter how much i pratice i cant seem to get it:(
    are u nervous about tomorow?? because i am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Don't be nervous! Nerves are the things that will let you down.

My only OL is maths and I'm not too bothered. Looking at a B or C. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

me to but no matter how much i pratice i cant seem to get it:(
    are u nervous about tomorow?? because i am!

Very much so. I have to admit though, I've been studying Paper 1 for about 2 hours now, and Question 4 and Question 5 are beginning to make sense.
    Here's hoping to scrape a pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭La0Fruitcake

Very much so. I have to admit though, I've been studying Paper 1 for about 2 hours now, and Question 4 and Question 5 are beginning to make sense.
    Here's hoping to scrape a pass.

well best of luck tomorow!!! you honestly cant be as bad as me. if its any consolution, <
    i cant spell that damn word and also i failed my mock...badly....

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Doing one Ordinary subject, Maths. I've done a realy poor Irish Oral, and rekon I'll struggle for an honour in business so I put two and a half hours study into Maths tonight. That should be enough to get me at least a b1 in paper one, first time i've taken maths seriously at senior level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Vital - I need 70% in Ordinary Maths to do Computer Science as a part of my Politics degree with 2 arts subjects next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Mine OL Subject Is Maths..

Have To Put In Work Cause I Suck At Maths And Course Grade Requirements..

• Registered Users Posts: 44 delighted.

My ordinary level is Irish and it means nothing to me, though I did end up using it in the pres. 90% on a morning job of it. I like it! Paper 1 won't be studied for due to maths, Paper 2 might get a look in as I don't do business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Mine is Maths and although I'd like to get the A in it,I dont really care and i wont look at the Paper 2 til Monday morning as I'll be too busy studying Irish,Business and History this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Mine's pass maths. Just did exam questions in the run up to be certain of it and nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

I'm doing pass Irish, and I haven't actually looked at it at all since I was last in class.. (nearly a month ago now)

Paper 1 will probably get the extent of my lunch break after maths for study, considering I want to do as well as possible in maths. I suppose I'll study the stories and poems that evening for paper 2..

I just need to pass it, really, not counting it for points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 karkar

Mine's maths.
    I dropped down from honours at christmas so I'm mostly fine for it, just need to give paper 2 a quick look over before hand!
    I'm not using it for points but I still want to get a B at least as I really like maths, especially ordinary level.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Pass English. Didnt look at it once, revised all my other subjects this week while evryone was worrying about poets and compaitives. It was sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Kimmy-XxX

maths is my only ordinary level subject and i dropped down just before the mocks..i don't generally give it a second thought.just intend to pass.what's the point when im not counting it for points??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭melboix

Maths, not bothered. Don't care about or like the subject really. It'd be nice to do well, but I'm not too pushed. As long as I pass, I'm happy!

fivetwenty wrote: »
    Piss-take?

Mine is Irish, I'm doing NOTHING for it

Same as that. Complete and utter piss take. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Maths :pac::pac: have not done a TAP since I dropped down!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I did Ordinary Level maths back many moons ago (before foundation level existed so that'll tell you) i didn't do much study for my leaving certainly not as much as i should have but anyway.... maths i didn't do much, has covered most of it at HL before i dropped down around Christmas (if i recall correctly)

Is it still the case that if you fail maths/english or irish you've failed your LC?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

not irish just english & maths!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 LCFin.yay

Oh! You can fail Irish and it doesn't matter? Sweet! Don't plan on failing but don't plan on studying either... :) Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

well i think theres a lOt more work in honours irish than maths and thats why im doin irish as my one pass subject :D plan on studying for it during the break after maths paper two :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I did all honours for the leaving and one foundation, which was Irish. I hated Irish, as I couldnt get on top of the subject. I was just weak a languages in general. Barely did any study. Spent most Irish classes in school doodling or studying Maths and other important subjects. Got a B3 in it in the end though after spending a few hours going over a few bits. Biggest load of wasted hours ever. Would have felt slightly guilty if I failed it for some reason though.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

my OL is Irish. haven't studied it since i dropped, but i got a B2 in my last honours Irish exam so a little bit of study on tomorow (or today) and some during the break after maths and i should get an A. Those comprahensions are piss, so i'm just gonna study a scéal and litir and should do grand. don't need it for points but it would be nice fall back on if i sleep in and miss economics.

Advertisement