Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocktails in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 alipackers

df1985 wrote: »
    the cocktails in capitol are a fiver for a reason-theyre ****e. they use the premixed crap out of he bottles ready to turf them out at speed.
    a good cocktail should be made from scratch with each ingredient added individually (and as a result should take a few minutes to make).they shouldnt be made where the alcohol is premixed in a plastic bottle thing and then simply topped up with whatever mixer/juice needed.i takes them longer to pull a few pints in capitol, says a lot.for a fiver though what do ya expect?

They get you drunker than a pint! And at a fiver: job done in my book!!!

Great starting point for a night out IMO:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

theyres **** all alchohol in them though.i had the worst and smallest long island ice tea in capitol.just tasted like coke.anytime ive been in there its full of young girls drinkin srawberry daquiris simply because "they like OMG totally taste like slush puppies."

that said great spot for scorin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 alipackers

that said great spot for scorin!

Ha......nail on the head there!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Café en Seine are doing 2 for €10 on Cocktails Tues-Thurs (maybe Mon too, can't remember) and they're pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Do they not do the 8 euro cocktails there anymore? That's not exactly cheap but they were good cocktails and well made.

I'm not sure exactly but i think they're around that price.

Edit: I was in there tonight and they're 9.5euro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Claire-tha-bear

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but TGIs do 5 euro cocktails in their bar, and they have some AMAZING cocktails as well. and also you can get a pitcher of cocktails for 15 euro in the woolshed, I know some people will be a bit snobby about that, but they are really well made, nices cosmos I have tasted in Dublin, and you are basically getting 5 cocktail glasses full of what ever coktail you want for the price of one and a half in most places.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Vic_Mackey

+1 for Tgi's. They've a good sized list and the cocktails are always top notch. Depending on the barman they range in strength from normal - rocket fuel.

Try the purple rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Dandelion do a €5 cocktail list some of the days. They are pretty decent as well. Normally €12 as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 miami365

Cheap cocktails, O'Reillys Tara St (now called Sublounge) does €5 cocktails and €3.40 pints as the norm.

Great cocktails, Nancy Hands between the entrance of the Phoenix park and Garda barracks, though that was over five years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The Shelbourne had incredible cocktails a while back when I was there. Obviously you pay over a tenner for them but well made and presented. Highly enjoyed in the pleasant, plush surroundings of that luxurious hotel bar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 LeanneK

the cocktails in capitol are a fiver for a reason-theyre ****e. they use the premixed crap out of he bottles ready to turf them out at speed.
    a good cocktail should be made from scratch with each ingredient added individually (and as a result should take a few minutes to make).they shouldnt be made where the alcohol is premixed in a plastic bottle thing and then simply topped up with whatever mixer/juice needed.i takes them longer to pull a few pints in capitol, says a lot.for a fiver though what do ya expect?

Capitol is a great spot for cocktails and they certainly don't use premixed crap out of bottles as you say! never had a problem with the standard of alcohol or service at Capitol and with a fiver cocktails all night now on Mondays Tuesdays and Wednesdays they get my vote for the best cocktail bar in Dublin!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Upstairs in Ron Blacks, not sure if it's still open, has been a year or two since I was in there..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

So many places closed or changed in the last while - any one got any recent thoughts on this?

Looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful for cocktails tomorrow evening...

c

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

McTurquills €4 or Capitol Lounge €5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 LeanneK

Phibsboro wrote: »
    So many places closed or changed in the last while - any one got any recent thoughts on this?

Looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful for cocktails tomorrow evening...

c

Capitol is still open.... €5 cocktails... georges street

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Hard Rock Cafe do €5 cocktails (during the week at least, was there on a Monday) Quite a big list to choose from also!

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

miami365 wrote: »
    Cheap cocktails, O'Reillys Tara St (now called Sublounge) does €5 cocktails and €3.40 pints as the norm.

Great cocktails, Nancy Hands between the entrance of the Phoenix park and Garda barracks, though that was over five years ago.

+1 on O'Reillys, I refuse to pay €5 for a pint any more

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

murrayp4 wrote: »
    +1 on O'Reillys, I refuse to pay €5 for a pint any more

The problem is, the bar totally sucks, in my opinion anyway, awful music etc. Even though it's cheaper I'd rather pay more to be in a place I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Dylan Hotel, Shelbourne or Ice Bar at 4 Seasons.

They are still not great, my mate works in a 5 star hotel in Paris and their head mixologist (cocktail maker) get €65k a year!!!

No wonder their not as good here ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

The Porter House and Lilly's Bordello upstairs from it have a wide selection of well made cocktails, they can be quite pricey but some nights (I'm not sure which ones - I probably don't remember because of the effect of these cheap cocktails!:p) they have deals on cocktails. For cheaper cocktails Thunder Road have 5 euro deals on some cocktails and they have a nice daquiri for a fiver and Captain America's have a 3 euro cocktail night on Wednesdays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Shaws

hey does anyone know any place near Saba, that's does cheap ones on a Saturday? Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Spy on South William St do €5 cocktails before 11pm, pretty sure this applies on Saturdays too. http://spydublin.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

The Capitol Bar on George's Street has a great cocktail menu, huge selection and a champagne cocktail for a fiver, would be rude not to ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Avoid Capitol, they're awful in there, they really are.

Venue is good, it's off Grafton Street. Great, extensive menu and nice setting for a few quality cocktails.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

Buskers also do great cocktails in their cocktail bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

How are the drinks at the Dylan?

Advertisement