Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why cant we be "normal!"

Options
2»

Comments

I just came in here out of boredom (not gay, but rarely to never leave the Pro-Wrestling board, so i thought I may aswell do a bit of exploring around ye olde boards).

I don't think people act surprised or shocked when you say you're with a guy because the person is disgusted you're gay or because they've always wanted to meet a gay person, etc etc. and all other hammy reasons.

I think, like anything else, you're just a minority, therefore its surprising, and people get curious.

If i met a guy and we were talking and i said "so what do you do for a living" and he replied saying "I'm an astronaut" * Then I'd be like "Really?! How does it feel to be on the moon" etc.

I don't think anyone (with any kind of intelligence) has any kind of hatred for gay people. I think it's that the person wasn't expecting you to say it.

I know there are people out there that wont like people who are gay/lesbian/black/white/etc. and there's nothing you can do about that. But as i say, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people, myself included, just don't care.

Personally, I have nothing against black people, gay guys, lesbian girls (in fact, i wish i knew more lesbian girls :o ).

There is no normal. Gay people are a minority. Minorities will always be questioned by the uninformed.

*I don't really care about Astronauts, I was using it as an example.

**EDIT**

Oracle, your sig is awesomeness! I completely forgot OpenOffice existed! Thanks for that, i needed it :)

Advertisement