Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken strum bar

Options
  • 06-06-2008 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

hey,

so just after getting the full rock band package (game + instruments) there on tuesday and already the strum bar on the guitar has gone very dodgy. the up strum dosn't work half the time. i pretty much only use the down strum while playing but i noticed this going through the menus. I've had the x-plorer controller since about november and it still works perfectly.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, could I just bring this back to HMV and hope to get a replacement guitar as its less than a week old or will i have to send out for a replacment guitar from EA/Harmonix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

grimm2005 wrote: »
    hey,

so just after getting the full rock band package (game + instruments) there on tuesday and already the strum bar on the guitar has gone very dodgy. the up strum dosn't work half the time. i pretty much only use the down strum while playing but i noticed this going through the menus. I've had the x-plorer controller since about november and it still works perfectly.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, could I just bring this back to HMV and hope to get a replacement guitar as its less than a week old or will i have to send out for a replacment guitar from EA/Harmonix?

HMV *should* replace it for you provided you have the receipt, as for EA/Harmonix, good luck there!

I did notice the strum bar was somewhat ropey on the HMV Grafton St display model, it felt very loose.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

Check out the hardware forum on rockband.scorehero.com and see the stickied thread on fixing a first gen strum bar. If that doesn't work (or you don't want to risk voiding your warranty) then just phone where you got it and see what they'll offer, if no joy there contact EA for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

cool, don't think i wanna go down the custom fixing root, would rather just get a shiny new one and possibly just have to wait for a new one. i can use the x-plorer in the meantime anyway.

i'd imagine legally HMV would have to give me a replacement or somthing along those lines as technically they sold me a faulty product. only thing is as far as i could see they don't sell the guitar seperately so i dunno how willing theyd be to rip open a new instrument pack and give me the guitar in it, but sure i'll see how it works out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

grimm2005 wrote: »
    i'd imagine legally HMV would have to give me a replacement or somthing along those lines as technically they sold me a faulty product. only thing is as far as i could see they don't sell the guitar seperately so i dunno how willing theyd be to rip open a new instrument pack and give me the guitar in it, but sure i'll see how it works out

For as long as you have the receipt, they should provide a replacement. In a lot of cases, they'll rip open a new one and give you the guitar out of it, put the old guitar into it and send it back to their supplier who'll deal with the rest.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

When I imported RB from the states I got a leaflet in the box warning me not to return any faulty equipment to the seller, but rather to go through the EA RMA process instead. Dunno if thats different with the Euro release but just thought I'd let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Something similar happened to the tremilo bar on my rockband guitar... very poor build quality..

Advertisement