Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why is it

Options
  • 06-06-2008 4:18am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

that I can be at my computer feeling very drowsy and decide to go to sleep, then after getting into bed and trying to get to sleep I wake up.. and then when I get out of bed because I'm too awake to fall asleep I start to feel sleepy again.

why is that?
    I hate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Its weird. I get traits of that too sometimes. If im playing the PS2, reading or watching TV I can feel tired, so then its lights off, with me there lying like a lump of cheese trying to sleep. Its as if when you are trying to concentrate on something, you get tired, but when your mind is taken away from that, it goes into neutral, yet doesnt want to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

It happens to me a lot. I try to turn off my pc around twelve, and do something else. Be it watching TV / Dvd, bit of tidying, but most commonly; if I find myself staring at the ceiling after being duped into going to bed.. I keep plenty of books nearby. I keep reading until I pass out basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I'm the same

You have to signal your brain its time to relax

With a PC, your staring at a 60Hz screen, mostly bright white, and you're constantly thinking

I suffer from delayed sleep-phase syndrom, where i dont get tired/fall asleep til after 2, and im sure its from this!

So the no PC after 12 is the best rule to start off with

Also, keep a lamp in your room, and dont use the ceiling light after 8pm, use the lamp

You're goin from one sensory climax to the other, so make sense really

good luck!

Advertisement