Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obscene Messages

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

sueme wrote: »
    I would prefer if it was private, or a few flashing lights indicating the content before entering. I don't like to think of 15 year olds stumbleing upon it and watching adults behaving like that.

My 2c.
    I'm 15, and I used to use it. Really enhanced my personal development.
    6th wrote: »
    But I think its different because Bebo isnt Irish and isnt subject to irish law (or something) but the guy was. Boards is irish which is why the discussion of some topics are banned here. So is Boards responsible for what we post?

Would love to hear from an Admin on this.
    That's a bit stupid IMO, I have my websites hosted in America, and I can bully whoever the hell I want. Bring it onto the Irish interweb, and I can get my ass sued 10 times over. Obviously, the only advantages of hosting in Ireland is good timezones and maybe Google likes you a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Vexorg wrote: »
    I personally think boards.ie is probably one of the safest sites on the interweb.
    Agreed ... and I'm being serious for once!

I personally have little time for the Dome, but I don't see it as actionable in the sense of the above ... and it's probably the nearest Boards comes to anything problematic.

you're a poo-head
    Takes one to know one! :p

Agreed ... and I'm being serious for once!

I personally have little time for the Dome, but I don't see it as actionable in the sense of the above ... and it's probably the nearest Boards comes to anything problematic.
    Be the man Randy, stand up for the Dome like real men do!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

nevf wrote: »
    Be the man Randy, stand up for the Dome like real men do!
    "real men" = "the Dome" ??

I'd snigger, but someone might get insulted! :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This really doesnt change very much in my opinion. We've known the greyness of the law before and in fact there are two points of hope to take from this.

1. The poster was sued not the site. This is how it should be. I've said from the very start "You own your own words". If you write something naughty and someone gets mad at you, I wont lift a finger to help. In fact, if they produce the correct disclosure documents we will give them every piece of info we have on you.

2. He referred to the Post Office act rather then the defamation laws (not sure they would apply but its at least a precedent of the PO act being applicable). This may strengthen our belief, which is that we believe we are a "Mere Conduit" in the process and are here to provide software to empower communication.

You're lawyerage may vary.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I thought 6th was a hermaphrodite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

Most 3 inch worms are...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Must make typing a rather slow process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Not for Kazobel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Kazobel wrote: »
    Most 3 inch worms are...

Speaking of which ... you still have yours, right?

• Advertisement

6th wrote: »
    Speaking of which ... you still have yours, right?
    Be the man 6th. Show Kazobel who's the worm round 'ere.

(woohoo, I think i may just have started a fight!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

You are under arrest for inciting violence, to straight to jail do not pass go do not collect $200.

Advertisement