Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cecila with Beams engine?

Options
  • 06-06-2008 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi lads,

Just wondering if anyone has any info on these engines as I am considering buying a Celica and I have noticed a lot of the older models have this type.

I was told that getting spare parts for this type of engine could be difficult? If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

beams is yamaha tuned, any yamaha boat parts supplyer will import them for you if you can get them at a breakers yard....

these engines are generally bullet-proof, quite when day to day driving but are loud when they need to be, just keep to the regular servicing and timing belts and she will last forever !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

And there I was looking at the title thinking this thread was about
    Bertie's ex.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

And there I was looking at the title thinking this thread was about
    Bertie's ex.

:D

lololololololololollololololol... etc.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Dylan_James

Yamaha boats parts supplier?

Sorry dudes, I am completely clueless with engines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

His point is that the Beams engine is more Yamaha than Toyota. Therefore, seeing as Yamaha never sold a car in this country (I think they only ever had one car anyway!) nor was there a Yamaha powered car sold officially over here, therefore if you need to get a part unique to the Yamaha tuned engine your best bet is a guy who deals with Yamaha boat engines, which are sold here!
    Beams engine'd celica's are Jap only. They're good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Biro wrote: »
    nor was there a Yamaha powered car sold officially over here,

Wasn't the Ford Fiesta 1.25 unit realy a Yamaha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Zube wrote: »
    Wasn't the Ford Fiesta 1.25 unit realy a Yamaha?

Actually you could be right, I think Yamaha might have had a hand in that!! I was thinking of Jap machines! Well corrected!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Is it the same engine in Altezza's? theres a fair few of them on the roads now so parts might not be that hard to find.

Advertisement