Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What chocolate CAN'T you get in Australia???

• 06-06-2008 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Bit of a strange question, but my friend's birthday is coming up and she's in Oz for a year and missing chocolate. I'm sending her over a stash, so far I have Maltesers, Galaxy Caramel and Ripple, Curly Wurly, Rolos, Munchies, Twix, Yorkie and Kit Kat Senses, but I don't want to send bars that she'll be able to get in any shop over there if you know what I mean. Obviously I could just ask her but then that would ruin the surprise so if anyone has any suggestions for bars that you can't get in Australia that would be great. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,870 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Send over ANYTHING Cadburys. The stuff we get over here is pure bollox because they put an additive in it to stop it melting. There's more cocoa in it too so we don't have any of the creaminess of Irish chocolate. My mam sends over Dairy Milks the whole time.

Other than that we don't have Yorkie, Lion Bars, Toffee Crisp, Cream Eggs etc. We have Galaxy though, it's just called Dove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Great, thanks for the quick reply. Is the Dove available over there the same as in the States, in that it tastes a bit different to here? Thanks for the Cadbury's tip, I had completely forgotten about Toffee Crisps and she likes Creme Eggs so I'll send her one of the new bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,870 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm not sure exactly how it compares to the one on the States but it's not massively different to the Irish one. The difference is certainly far more subtle than that of Cadburys.

Advertisement