Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best clubs & pubs in wex?

• 06-06-2008 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi all..going on a hen nite in wexford town in few wks time with 14 ladies just wondering wats the best clubs and pubs to stick to for good music and craic?
    Thanks in advance guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

The Stores night club is the obvious choice of club. Biggest one there with three floors. as far as pubs go, Chocolate or Dakota would be my recommendations. Happily they are all within walking distance of each other :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

Thanks redXIV ive heard of chocolate before..but none of us have ever been out in wex before so was looking for a few pointers..thanks 4 d reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Glad i could help :D

P.S. if it's a sat night your heading out, you'll have to head early to get into the stores. That or it might be worth booking ahead, they do deals for groups as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

oh great..thanks for d hint! Dont want to head anywhere too hard house or anything like that just somewhere similar to d foundry in carlow! thanks again :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Might not be the best website in terms of design.. but it might be somewhat useful:

http://www.wexfordtourism.com/

Locals will know more about it then me tho :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

The Crown is a great bar. Actually, in fairness I must say that Wexford is a great town to go out in and most of the pubs are good. Much better than Waterford. A good few friends of mine from Waterford go down for weekends.

Not that crazy about The Stores myself. Way too much hype about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

The Crown or The Stores would be my choices. There's a new nightclub opened in Whites Hotel - The Music Factory - but I haven't heard any reports on how it is doing yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I've starting going to the Sky and the Ground of late.... and its really good. Still pop into the crown on the way past though to see who's there:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Dinkie wrote: »
    I've starting going to the Sky and the Ground of late.... and its really good. Still pop into the crown on the way past though to see who's there:D

Yeah, I like The Sky too - it was my local when I lived on King Street. For a night on the town though it's a bit out of the way, with the rest of the good spots being at the other end of the Main St - especially since Finnegan's has closed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Yeah,that is a problem! We tend to get lazy and stay there alnight. Its got a nice mix of people though. I just wish the premier stayed open until after closing time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Stephen90

Kick it off in the sky at about 5pm with a good few sank in there, then head to either Chocolate or the Music Factory depending on how much dancing and shouting to converse you feel your able for. Music Factory is great fun though, although it could be a little odd sober!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

sky and the ground followed by music factory!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Not that crazy about The Stores myself. Way too much hype about it.

Agree. Its always far too packed, full of drunk tossers and plays rubbish music. Its your stereotypical rubbish nightclub IMO.

The crown is a good pub and another i like is Maggie Maes. Rarely go to clubs to be honest

Advertisement