Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Rail website - advance booking

• 06-06-2008 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how long into the future you can book in advance online?

Also anytime I've looked a t fares in advance sometimes the website quotes strange fares.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Also is there any chance they're going to allow print outs from the site as is common in many other European countries that I've visited? Collecting tickets isn't always viable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

ixoy wrote: »
    Also is there any chance they're going to allow print outs from the site as is common in many other European countries that I've visited? Collecting tickets isn't always viable.

How come? You have to go to the station to get the train dont you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

kearnsr wrote: »

I'd reckon spending time logging onto the online booking store and printing out a A4 ticket would take longer than sticking a credit card into the auto ticket machines at stations though in fairness, at rush hour a pre printed page would be handy if there is a queue at the ticket machines.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

kearnsr wrote: »
    You can't collect the tickets at every station is why. For example, I wanted to get a return from Balbriggan - Dundalk as I have an annual ticket covering Portmarnock - Balbriggan.

I'd have had to go to Connolly to get the ticket printed out at the machine or go to Drogheda to pick it up at the station. If I could print it out at home, it would have sorted the issue. Instead I had to cancel my online booking and get it in the regular manner.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I assumed that you could get the tickets from any station.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Peadar85

in advance i think. if you try and book a trip for say August 12th you'll see an error message

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I often book them for the next day.

Advertisement