Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Event: Mon 16th June - Lighthouse Cinema!

• 06-06-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭

The venue is the newly re-opened Lighthouse Cinema on Monday 16th June in Smithfield, Dublin 7

The film is undecided yet, but we will probably go to an 8.30/8.45pm show.

I'll update this post with exact details closer to the date, so check back here.

Don't worry if you've never been to one of these events before (I haven't either!) or if you're not a non-drinker.

Everyone welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

I can't go that Monday but I'm looking forward to seeing Priceless
    http://www.lighthousecinema.ie/coming-soon/film.php?id=9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Good spot, that looks great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Too late for me, last bus is around 11:20.

Enjoy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

sure my last bus is 11.25, surely it'll be over by then? least i hope it is, cos i really wanna go to this!

Movie would be over around 10.15/10.30 plenty of time for last bus home :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kellehs

hey. this sounds like a great idea. hope to be able to make it!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Feeonaw

I'm there. So is HeadlessLoon (the boyfriend)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 neeviec

I'm on for it too, count me in. Anyway who needs a lift home, give me a shout will be driving so can drop people off, as long as they give me directions on how to get home, my sense of direction is not great!

I called today and the listings should be updated tomorrow morning.

As mentioned, Priceless is released this Friday, which will probably be the film we go and see, just waiting on confirmation of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Sounds good. Should be there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Might be doable so I won't say no just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I shall hopefully be in attendance, pending the availability of a bus, but afaik the 150 runs till 11.45 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

Ooooh I might join in for that too if that's ok?! Seen the trailer for that movie a few times and it looks great. Won't be able to confirm for a day or two though..:o

Just to confirm

Lighthouse Cinema on Monday 16th June in Smithfield, Dublin 7

The film is PRICELESS at 8.45pm.

Meetup from 8.15pm in the Lighthouse Cáfe Bar

Look forward to meeting up :)

I emailed the cinema and they said it finishes at 10:45pm.

Cool, I've put up some info on my Movies Club website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Wish I could make it, but I'm busy on Monday evening. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Hopes its a good night whoever is going. Would go myself but its the night me and my mates finish our LC and as far as I know their is a party on somewhere and I didn't go to the last one so kinda have to go :(.

how many people are actually goin to this now? i'm rather looking forward to it!

Do people meet up at around 8:30 or something?

• Advertisement

Do people meet up at around 8:30 or something?
    I think so, that's what zABBO said anyways! I should be there around then

Sorry yeah I should have re-read page 1.

is there any sort of magical way in which we'll be able to recognise fellow boardsies?

fonpokno wrote: »
    is there any sort of magical way in which we'll be able to recognise fellow boardsies?
    *cough* badges anyone???
    AND YOU SHALL KNOW THEM BY THE TRAIL OF DEAD LEFT IN THEIR WAKE
    ...sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

zAbbo wrote: »
    Just to confirm

Lighthouse Cinema on Monday 16th June in Smithfield, Dublin 7

The film is PRICELESS at 8.45pm.

Meetup from 8.15pm in the Lighthouse Cáfe Bar

Look forward to meeting up :)

Meeting from 8.15 in the coffee shop in the Lighthouse. They have a nice assortment of cakes.

I'll be along anyway.

We could use your sig as a codeword, fonpokno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

Meeting from 8.15 in the coffee shop in the Lighthouse. They have a nice assortment of cakes.

I'll be along anyway.

Ah cool, well I'll defo know you Sir! and hopefully myself and Miss FonP should recognise each other - plus Fp knows Thusspakeblixa... so who else already knows who??:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

We had balloons on the table for the last movie club meet up.

There's no reason why we won't again.

Although to be honest I reckon the place will be fairly empty on a Monday evening. Should be easy to spot the group.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,666 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Might head along to this... will know tomorrow afternoon if any other plans are afoot. Was going to see the Happening for a laugh (sometimes its fun to see ****) but this could be a more worthwhile alternative.. Long as I make the last bus of course ;)

• Advertisement

hahaha just go in and shout some random word. whoever turns around is bound to be a boardsie! ooh this is my first boards thing, im rather looking forward to it!

Advertisement