Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Event: Mon 16th June - Lighthouse Cinema!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

fonpokno wrote: »
    hahaha just go in and shout some random word. whoever turns around is bound to be a boardsie!
    How about-
    ''Cake''
    and the reply can be
    ''With a spoon or fork?''
    foolproof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

or just look nervous enough and someone's bound to take pity on you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I wear a trilby... should be handy enough to spot.

As discussed earlier with fonpokno, I may arrive dressed in my Leopold Bloom outfit, if I can't change.
    (it being bloomsday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

We had balloons on the table for the last movie club meet up.

There's no reason why we won't again.

Yes, twas a big bag I got :)

There will be balloons!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

so balloons and a trilby? wonderful! i'll see all you crazy kids tomorrow. :) looking forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Bleh, going out tomorrow or I'd tag along :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Boardsies in mass balloon placement, non-drinking, cinema attendance, Lisbon avoidance, 'those women were in the nip', shock.

leaves thread

I'm going to have a few extra folks with me, not sure if they're non drinkers or not, but more the merrier eh :)

See you all later ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

hey guys, I know Mf said they do cakes there..but do any of yet know if they do small meals or anything too?

• Advertisement

Hi, I just called there, and they have buns, but no snacks/food :(

Maybe you can grab a sambo nearby and bring it in to the cáfe bar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Balloons and a Trilby? I am officially intrigued. I must check this forum more often, these non drinking events sound like a good night.

zAbbo wrote: »
    Hi, I just called there, and they have buns, but no snacks/food :(

Maybe you can grab a sambo nearby and bring it in to the cáfe bar?

Ah thanks zAbbo!! I think I'll be doing that so!;)

There's a Thomas Reads next door... I'm not sure what sort of menu they have. Probably just sandwiches and soup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Feeonaw

Really sorry everyone but won't be able to make it tonight. I hope yiz'll have a fantastic evening and be sure to tell me all about it tomorrow!!! :)

There's a Thomas Reads next door... I'm not sure what sort of menu they have. Probably just sandwiches and soup.

Ooookey dokey - thanks mf!:)

I've never been to this cinema - would I find it easy enough if I just go straight down the Abbey streets across capel street at Rhodes and straight on?

Yeah... just follow the LUAS track till you get to Smith Field Plaza. It's directly across the plaza from the Jameson chimney.

Just checked the Thomas Reads website... seems they stop serving food at 6.

Yeah... just follow the LUAS track till you get to Smith Field Plaza. It's directly across the plaza from the Jameson chimney.

Just checked the Thomas Reads website... seems they stop serving food at 6.

Duhrrrr... why didn't I think of the LUAS!:o

ah I'll grab something somewhere along the way:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hey was great to meet everyone this evening - and the film was Fab too! Can't wait for another one:)

• Advertisement

Cazlou wrote: »
    Hey was great to meet everyone this evening - and the film was Fab too! Can't wait for another one:)
    +1
    thanks to everyone! Film was great I thought!

Yup, a good time was had. Thanks everyone.:)

Yup was good meeting up, sorry I probably didn't get to talk to everyone, but maybe another time.

Impressed with the venue, thought it was a nice little place, will be back there again soon :)

Yep. Good night yet again thanks to the mid week movie club...

I forgot to take photos, damn!

Anyways, anyone who came along last night is more than welcome to join up for any of the other cinema meetups I run at the Dublin Movie Club

I thought the film and location were both great, there's something kinda cool about having the cinema more or less to yourself. I think we took up a whole row as well.

Did anyone else notice the resemblance between Gad Elmaleh and Zammo from Grange Hill ?

Priceless.jpg
    snf0799e180_431796a.jpg

Haha, great pic zAbbo!! That part was very funny!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DublinGuy07

appreciate highly Zabbo's organizing skills and thanks a mill for the wonderful movie in particular. Priceless was simply priceless.both Irene&Jean were great.I wd like to...I wd love to..:D

I wd like to...I wd love to..:D

Can't wait to see how many people try that line over the next couple of months!:pac::pac:

Should be our code for the next event, that or talk about where we hid the body. ;)

• Advertisement

Just a quick note, everyone is welcome along to my weekly movie club.

This thursday we're going to 'The Ruins' - details here

:)

Advertisement