Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths paper 1...wat ye think??

Options
  • 06-06-2008 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Just finished maths paper 1 at 10.30, Thought it was a lovely paper, went brilliant....so happy with it!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Postman-Layla

Thought it was grand. Dropped down to Ordinary about three weeks ago and haven't done anything since, but I pretty much breezed through it and left just before 11.
    Hopefully I didn't miss half the questions or something =P

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Good fair paper, nice and simple. That Q1 part b had me thinking for a few minutes though, lol, how the simple things catch you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

Thought it was simple. Did all 8 questions and finished at 11

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

thought a few part C's on the pass paper were tough..wasnt happy with myself...say i noly honoured it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Was Reasonably happy..

Some Tricky Parts Though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

All i can say is taking pass maths for granted was stooopid!!! :(

bring on paper 2....imrovment drastically needed!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Hoping you are all Ordinary level heads, as I found higher paper to be quiet difficult. The Intergration Q which is normally fairly handy was a monster. I got the answer out for Q1 and Q2 but thought the were fairly hard compared to normal. Series Q wasnt too bad. But what about Q5 C WTF, maybe it was obvious but look very strange to me. Thought the differentiation were hard enough too :-(

What did all you other people think anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bohs1890

Anyone get C on question 1...talking about 1 cent for every 10 euro...adnt a breeze..

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

You drop the price down to 119.99 and then calculate the VAT & profit percentage yoke on it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

I am so relieved!
    I think I passed it.

• Advertisement

Flyer1 wrote: »
    You drop the price down to 119.99 and then calculate the VAT & profit percentage yoke on it then.

Omg.

Thought That.

Left It Blank.

Bad Move..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Good fair paper, nice and simple. That Q1 part b had me thinking for a few minutes though, lol, how the simple things catch you out.

I was the exact same as you. I was seriously thinking about leaving it seeing as it was annoying me so much !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 benzwOw

brilliant paper but q1 part b was little hard, and q7 part c(part 3) was hard too, but anyway, i did very well :pac: q6 part c was like :eek::eek::eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 xxxkacixxx

I put it down to 99.99 as I didn't think you were supposed to include the vat as it was only related to the mark up and then the percentage wouldn't make sense as that would include the vat also. Could be wrong.

I found the paper pretty simple overall, think I answered six questions perfectly and two with slight problems at the end :):).

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

the H paper was a really nasty paper.
    I think I passed it. (yeah great way to feel on one of the most important papers)

O well my irish will suffer on monday because I am going all out paper 2 this weekend. Have to do well in paper 2 or its all over :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 delighted.

Higher level paper.

I liked the algebra and integration.
    Differentiation was a nightmare for me. So much nicer than the pre though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

So,e of the C parts in the OL paper werent nice.Q6 and the last part of Q8,I didnt get.I also didnt get Q3 C,with the isosceles triangle.When I got told how to do it, I was like OHHHHHHHHHHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 bitterstudent

I thought the phrasing of bits was a bit confusing. Question one really got us thinking, to be honest I thought Q1 was... hard. part C ii was terrible in my opinion. I didn't like how they had put it, I was unsure whether the price would go to 119.99 or 129.99 but ah well... I did as well as I could and as much as I wanted an A grade I'll just have to cope. Hopefully won't be using the points from maths anyway! The rest was generally good. Just a few hiccups now and again, not too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Bambi16

I was really really happy with it but then I was talking to others and they said it was really hard, so now I've doubt in my mind.

Question 3 part c I think the part bout the triangle was weird?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dmccaff

I spent ages on question 1 part b, just makes you think about whats supposed to be easy :P

Hadnt a clue what to do on that triangle question with all these square roots and everything...

• Advertisement

The Part With 135 degrees angle... Like What

Tasha1? Is that who I think it is?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Bambi16 wrote: »
    I was really really happy with it but then I was talking to others and they said it was really hard, so now I've doubt in my mind.

Question 3 part c I think the part bout the triangle was weird?:confused:

split it in half, then use pythagorous theorem;) took me a while but I got it in the end.

Was worried at first cause I was struggling on a lot of the question c's, but got most of them in the end.

I reckon there was 4 questions I got 50 outta 50 on then over 40 any of the other 3 I did....

Was handy enough...

Sibh!!!

YAY! I knew it was you giving out bout the triangle haha

Em was talkin to Ciara and she said she showed the paper to Mr O Brien and he said it was hard for us

History? Biology?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PeteZahut

did anybody write dere answers on dere exam papers....if so wud u like 2 share d answers...i tink i mite of got an A but im not sure...thanks in advance

Yeah, I was happy when I thought of Pythagoras for that triangle but I was surprised to see it come up. All the part C's in the exam required a lot, but don't they always. Q8 wasn't split into A,B or C. Never noticed that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

tasha1 wrote: »
    The Part With 135 degrees angle... Like What

tan 135 degress = -1 , therefore the tangent was = -1 .

So answer from the bit before = -1 and work from there .

I don't think you could use Pythagoras's theorem Fitzo it was an isosceles triangle .

Big Ears wrote: »
    tan 135 degress = -1 , therefore the tangent was = -1 .

So answer from the bit before = -1 and work from there .

I don't think you could use Pythagoras's theorem Fitzo it was an isosceles triangle .

It been an isosceles triangle and having the base you can split it into 2, making a right angled triangle and then getting the unknown side - the perpendicular height.

_______
    http://www.leaving-cert.net

• Advertisement

I had all my answers written down then I wasn allowed bring it out :( so SOMEONE PLEASE POST their answers and I'll be a happy bunny haha

Advertisement