Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Rates Changes During Mortgage Switch - Just Suck It Up?

• 06-06-2008 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Ok, So I am switching mortgages from my current bank to IIB.

When I started the process via broker, IIB were offering 4.85% for 3 year fixed, then when I got the loan offer it had gone up to 5.09%. Over a week ago (probably longer) loan offer was signed everything was in, but apparantly IIB were waiting on some confirmation from the valuer which was provided last week on May 29th/30th.

Now after a long weekend, IIB change their rates again to 5.39%, and I now get the cheque sent out, and a letter saying, rates changed !!

I am feeling a bit screwed here, and kinda feel like they held off the cheque due to the upcoming rate change. :(:mad:

Do I just have to suck it up ? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Do you have to proceed with this now? Has it cost you anything? Is the IIB rate worth switching to anymore - why not stay where you are or try somewhere else. What size of mortgage have you got and how much id the house worth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Ogham wrote: »
    Do you have to proceed with this now? Has it cost you anything? Is the IIB rate worth switching to anymore - why not stay where you are or try somewhere else. What size of mortgage have you got and how much id the house worth?

My broker has asked for a investigation as it seems like some internal delays between IIB and their valuer has caused the delay in cheque issue, and a result a higher rate for me.

My solicitor is also holding the cheque until my broker gets the final word from IIB.

With the speed things are changing I don't want to start the process all over again, plus it is a switcher with a top-up which I need within the next few weeks. Never easy..... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Fixed rates are a subscribed product. Once a certain amount of people sign up the fixed offer ends and another one begins.

I would ask for some answers and see what they say. Make a complaint if you are unhappy with the service you received.

Advertisement