Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone Reception in Charlesland

• 06-06-2008 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I just moved to Charlesland Wood and I'm wondering about mobile phone reception. I'm currently with Vodafone and, while the reception's great, I've been thinking of changing to 3 for a while now. The problem is that I've had the 3 Mobile Internet for a while and since we've moved to Charlesland the connectivity is pretty poor. So I'm worried about 3G reception for a mobile phone.

So, anyone with 3 in Charlesland? Or should I stay away from their fancy new tariffs and shiny phones?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I moved FROM 3 to Vodaphone.

I'm in the Wood and can say I've had no problems with coverage on Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Ok this is weird!

I just came onto boards to start a thread on how poor the coverage is in CLW! I changed from Meteor to Vodafone and unless im standing at the front door or double doors i get no coverage most of the time. If i do get coverage say in the kitchen and the phones rings its poor rerception so have to walk to the door anyway! That is with both networks i was/am on.

I am begining to think that maybe it is my iPhone that is the reason for the bad coverage now that some are on Vodafone and theirs is fine. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

jamegg wrote: »
    I am begining to think that maybe it is my iPhone that is the reason for the bad coverage now that some are on Vodafone and theirs is fine. :mad:
    My phone's getting decent 3G reception (Vodafone), but since the iPhone doesn't have 3G that's not much help to you! :)

But I'm currently using my 3 Mobile Broadband, and it took a couple of minutes to load this page. And it's only because I'm by the window that it hasn't dropped the connection altogether. That's why I'm worried about changing to 3. I know if there's no 3G signal with 3 it's supposed to piggy-back onto the Vodafone network, but I'm not sure how reliable that is and I'd rather be with a network that has decent 3G coverage in my area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I'm in CL on Meteor. Never had a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

I'm in the Wood and have 3. I have no problems with reception or coverage however, if I want to be 3G I have to be either in the upstairs bathroom :confused: or at the front room window.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ruthie Ruth

am in the park on meteor only place i have a prob is in the sitting room which is highly dissapointing as it is obv where i spend most of my down time!!

maybe 02 might be worth a go??anyone had any probs with them??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

im in the court and have terrible o2 reception

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

jamegg wrote: »

I switched from O2 to Vodafone while in Charlesland, and it was a big improvement.

However, I was using a sh*tty old Nokia at the time, so if you really want, I can swap it for your iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ruthie Ruth

:p

[/quote]However, I was using a sh*tty old Nokia at the time, so if you really want, I can swap it for your iPhone.[/quote]

i like ur thinkin!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 dublingirl

I had to change from O2 to Meteor as that was the only network I could get any type of coverage from. Have to make and recieve calls from the bedroom as its the only place in the apartment in the Park that has decent coverage. Charlesland just seems to be a black spot for some reason - can't get great radio reception either for that matter - have to listen to radio via NTL on the TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

I'm in the court and have no problem with vodafone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Decks

thinking of switching from vodafone to O2. Is O2 really that bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I have O2 and I'm down the first part of the Wood...no problem with the coverage...there's a phone mast at the Rubgy Club which I think is the nearest...not sure if there is one at our lovely C'land Shopping Centre - anyways, both could be network specific.

Don't know if this helps...State your location in the dvelopment and the network you are on...that might give people a good idea on which is best for where!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

astrofluff wrote: »
    Don't know if this helps...State your location in the dvelopment and the network you are on...that might give people a good idea on which is best for where!

I'm in the Wood by the big green and my Vodafone coverage has been pretty much perfect. However, I really want to change network and was considering 3 (hence this thread). But their mobile broadband doesn't work in our house, so I rang them up and asked them about it. They said their coverage in Greystones itself is excellent but that outside of the village it wasn't good so they cancelled my contract (still had 2 months to go on the minimum contract) with no questions asked. Thinking of going with O2 - their new price plans look quite good.

Advertisement