Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA4 beats all records

• 06-06-2008 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9961685-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5

For the second quarter ended April 30, net profit was $98.2 million, or $1.29 cents per share, compared with a net loss of $51.3 million, or 71 cents per share, in the second quarter of fiscal 2007. Sales were up more than 160 percent to $539.8 million for the period, blowing away analyst estimates of $499.1 million.
    In May, Take-Two announced that the new game had raked in all-time records of $310 million on its launch day of April 29 and $500 million during its first week. The single-day figure shattered the previous record, set last September by Halo 3, of $170 million.

I have yet to play the game. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kingcurls

whyyyyy? :( you need to hook yourself up before its played to death by every one and you cant enjoy the storyline because you have heard so much about it GET A COPY ASAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm waiting for the PC version the real and proper platform for GTA.

Me neighbour is getting it on his PS3 today so I'll be calling up to him fairly regular but I don't want to ruin the experience to much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the PC version the real and proper platform for GTA.

Me neighbour is getting it on his PS3 today so I'll be calling up to him fairly regular but I don't want to ruin the experience to much.

Ah you cant play GTA with a mouse and keyboard! You need a joypad! Whatever about FPS's mouse and keyboard all the way but this is 3rd person you need a pad!!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

GTA is best played on PC but they still haven't even announced a PC version of GTA4. Until they do my 360 version will suffice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Hardly any surprise considering it was hyped for two years plus.

• Advertisement

dazftw wrote: »
    Ah you cant play GTA with a mouse and keyboard! You need a joypad! Whatever about FPS's mouse and keyboard all the way but this is 3rd person you need a pad!!
    Only the driving is let down by the keyboard, but you do get the advantage of being able to look around easily using the mouse while driving. On foot the keyboard mouse is 100 times better than joypad.

I'd love to see a game where you could play PC vs console. Then you'd see the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'd love to see a game where you could play PC vs console. Then you'd see the difference.

FIFA? :pac: 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Yeah I find the shooting a little clunky on the Xbox. If I want to free aim at someone's head I have to lightly press RT and look around. It's very hard to do that without actually firing.

Similarily the LT target selection often picks the wrong person resulting in me being shot.

There'd be no such problems with a mouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

silvine wrote: »
    Yeah I find the shooting a little clunky on the Xbox. If I want to free aim at someone's head I have to lightly press RT and look around. It's very hard to do that without actually firing.

Similarily the LT target selection often picks the wrong person resulting in me being shot.

There'd be no such problems with a mouse.

or a half decent combat system, Crackdown is much better

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    FIFA? :pac: 1-0
    :rolleyes: I should have specified anything involving shoting things. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yes, you shoot the ball into the back of the net...

Shadowrun is XBox + PC simultaneously.

Advertisement