Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Lego Indy

• 06-06-2008 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Im going to buy Lego Indy today and was just wondering if anybody as seen it in retailers for around the 50 euro mark? If its 41 on play then I dont want to get ripped of shopping for it.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

HMV are doing it for €50...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Forgot that it was out today. Will be picking it up on Monday though so if you call all figure out where the cheapest copy is to be found before then it would be great.

Thanks. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Thanks helios. Ill get that for 45 so with my student card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

picked it up this morning in game for €49:99 same price as hmv .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Got it for €55 in Gamesplop! class game, i'm liking it more than the Star Wars ones so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Im waiting for mine from Play. At 41.99 its worth the few days wait but 50 is pretty good in HMV if you cant buy online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just curious, what are the Lego games like in general. I was thing on getting the Star Wars complete saga and Indy games as they look good but I thinking they are aimed towards younger gamers. Would you say they appeal to older gamers aswell.

There does not seem to be any demos on Live which I thought was a bit strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

they are aimed at the child in all of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

Just curious, what are the Lego games like in general. I was thing on getting the Star Wars complete saga and Indy games as they look good but I thinking they are aimed towards younger gamers. Would you say they appeal to older gamers aswell.

lego games are alright but thats as far as i would go because im not the biggest fan, but in saying that i did very much like the last star wars lego game.

i think there a very different kind of game to play. i would say they appeal a little bit to the older age but your right in saying that appeal a bit more to the younger age group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I had fun with the Star Wars games. How is this one though? I'm not as into Indy as Star Wars and there's a completely different setting to it so is it as good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the lego games are absolute class

no doubt about it that theyre geared at younger gamers, but the gameplay on them is sheer gold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Helix wrote: »
    the lego games are absolute class

no doubt about it that theyre geared at younger gamers, but the gameplay on them is sheer gold

What he said... ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Plus there are loads of "nod and wink"s to the older audiences during cut sequences. I love the humour in them...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

DeVore wrote: »
    Plus there are loads of "nod and wink"s to the older audiences during cut sequences. I love the humour in them...

DeV.

Yeah, the fact that there isnt one ounce of dialogue in them and they can still pull off some very funny moments is class.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The lego games are great fun, the only downside i see is not being able to save during a level. Some levels can take 20-30 mins to complete on some games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

My copy got delivered on Saturday from Amazon (some benefits living in UK). Played it a good bit last night. It's great fun to play and like DeVore said, there's loads of nods to the movies so if, like me, you know the Indiana Jones movies (not the new one) like the back of your hand, then this is great entertainment. It's a very polished game (for example, the John Williams music is taken directly from the movies and adds soo much atmosphere to the game) like the previous Star Wars ones were.

I'll certainly be dipping in and out of this one (between GTA IV sessions) until I complete it.

TC.

By the way, anybody who has been playing it, have you experienced some freezing issues with the game whilst having V-Sync turned on?

Its been freezing for me when i try to go into freeplay mode with it turned on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Mine has been freezing with V-Sync on or of but the worst thing is I can't play saved games. It freezes when you get to the map. I think the hard drive is on they way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I rented this from xtravision last week and I'm loving it. I'll probably rent it for another week and go for 100%. There is something theraputic about smashing things and picking up those little studs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Mr E wrote: »
    I rented this from xtravision last week and I'm loving it. I'll probably rent it for another week and go for 100%. There is something theraputic about smashing things and picking up those little studs.

I couldnt agree more!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Got this yesterday, great fun. Not my general type of game, but I enjoyed it. Some good head scratching puzzles, but nothing too taxing on the brain. The cut sequences for the films are good laugh. I had a couple of LOL moments. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

agree on the saving between levels thingy

but it's great fun I think - some of them are head scratching to figure out (and then you feel stupid). I love Indy's reaction to snakes though lol...

Finished it completely yesterday (1000 gamer points). Such a great game, but if I never have to play that Motorcycle Escape level again, it'll be too soon. :)

Plus the ancient city level had me stumped... I had about 985,000 studs, and it took me a half hour to find the last 15,000 - painful, but I laughed out loud when I got it (I missed something obvious).

Fantastic game. I'm on the lookout for a cheap copy Lego Star Wars Complete Saga now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

D'uh - what do I know. I saw the thread title and thought it was an Indy 500 racing game. :o

Mr E (the motorcylce escape level) that wouldnt happen to be because of the "this is how we say goodbye in Germany" achievement would it??
    I thought id never get that, felt way more than 50.

Anyways roll on Lego Batman!!!

Spot on, FreeOSCAR. Definitely felt like ALOT more than 50. :)

Took me 2 or 3 attempts on my first runthrough to get True Adventurer on it too (the only one where I didn't get it first time).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Plus the ancient city level had me stumped... I had about 985,000 studs, and it took me a half hour to find the last 15,000 - painful, but I laughed out loud when I got it (I missed something obvious).

Where the hell are the last few. I figure they are something to do with the tiled area on the floor near the bottom left of the area, but cannot figure it out.

My missing 15,000 were at the back of the level (a switch you jump on or pull that causes the head of the statue to roll down half the level and smash into something)

How many studs do you have now?

If you think its the dinosaur area, you have to blow up (rocket launcher) or dig the ground around the dino, pick up bones and put the dino back together again.

[nerd-alert]I finished the game in 2 days (got about 85%). :( [/nerd-alert]

Gonna trade it while it still holds some value!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

My missing 15,000 were at the back of the level (a switch you jump on or pull that causes the head of the statue to roll down half the level and smash into something)

How many studs do you have now?

If you think its the dinosaur area, you have to blow up (rocket launcher) or dig the ground around the dino, pick up bones and put the dino back together again.

Yeah, I broke the floor to reveal the dinosaur.
    I know what your talking about, the two red platforms on the back wall.

I'll try that later

Thanks

Advertisement