Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ag science

Options
  • 06-06-2008 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Can you really make predictions for ag science?I know soil,question 1,experiments,scientific notation and genetics is a given but otherwise. I'm hoping for a paper filled with cow and sheep questions. Can't really stand the crop ones

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 joeceppi

i dont know, but id need to start doing some study shortly:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

hey howz the ag going 4 ye?
    i had such a bad accounting exam today. i havent looked at ag since last April
    sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo focked
    any tips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭leavo08

know soil and genetics because they are definate to be on the paper! after that, at this stage, id say concentrate on a crop and an animal industry so you will be able to answer a fair few questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

just remember to read the questions carefully and answer what is being asked
    for example:
    from 2006 Q8

(ii)Explain the advantages of each of the following in the management of a flock of
    sheep:
    1. Synchronised breeding
    2. Breeding out of season.
    (iii) Describe the feeding of ewes during the final 6-8 weeks of pregnancy and give reasons for
    the changes in feeding regime

For part (ii) for example do not go into a long explanation of how synchronised breeding and breeding out of season takes place and how it works, the question asks for the advantages of each and that is all.

and (iii) feeding inthe final 6-8 weeks of pregnancy, so all that stuff about steaming up is irrelevant and moving ewes to lambing crates, and care for the lamb after birth etc. again it's just feeding

Advertisement