Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

References

• 06-06-2008 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

I want to apply for a couple of jobs teaching Irish in secondary school and have just had a quick look at my cv. I have my TP principal down as one reference but am not sure who I should put as the second. None of my other jobs have been related to teaching so I'm utterly confused! Help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Supervisor from teaching practice. give them a ring first and let them know you are using them as a reference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Thanks, I wasn't sure if I could do that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Yeah that's what I did aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

My supervisor didn't like to be contacted..hense never gave out his number or email to any of us! Annoying or what!

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    My supervisor didn't like to be contacted..hense never gave out his number or email to any of us! Annoying or what!

Mine never really answered her phone whenever I called, and that trend continued when I called her the other morning to ask if she'd be a referee. Suits me though, I left a message and she texted me soon after, so no awkward conversation!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

You could use your tutor who visits you once during teaching practice - at least in UCD anyway.

funktastic wrote: »
    You could use your tutor who visits you once during teaching practice - at least in UCD anyway.

Doesn't happen in NUIG anyway! Just the TP supervisor. Anyway, got it sorted now. Thanks.

Advertisement