Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software For Graphing Blood Sugar Levels

Options
  • 06-06-2008 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Could anyone suggest some software (free) that can be used to graph your blood sugar levels over a certain period of time. Something where you would manually enter your readings & it would represent these in a graph. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

I use precisionlink by medisense/abbott it downloads directly from my meter. not sure about mannual entry. Would be surprised if you cant get the same for most metres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Any spreadsheet program should be able to handle this easily. Try OpenOffice - a free alternative to MS Office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

Or just use Excel if you have it. If you've any problems in making the graph, PM me and I'll fwd you on a tutorial I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

Just curious, is there a cable that I could get off of Bayer, or even somewhere else, to plug into the port on the meter, to transfer my levels to the PC? It would be far easier than manually entering 7 readings per day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Methinks you'd need some form of a data logger. All depends on the make I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

Ah, I'm terrible at googling :o

Cheers for the link, I found what I'm looking for ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Just in case anyone else is looking - I find the one touch software to be quite usefule (http://www.lifescan.com/products/otdms/). You can do manual entry but if you have a one touch meter and the cable it's very handy.

I find the graphs it produces to be quite informative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

Thanks I will check it out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ElBarco wrote: »
    Just in case anyone else is looking - I find the one touch software to be quite usefule (http://www.lifescan.com/products/otdms/). You can do manual entry but if you have a one touch meter and the cable it's very handy.

I find the graphs it produces to be quite informative.

me too! the cable is good alright.

OP, if it helps, I've attached a spreadsheet I use, you just type in the values and it shows the graph. You can replace any of my data with your own (or if your stuck I can do it for you).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

Thats excellent - Thanks TBH much appreciated !

Advertisement