Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post your Maths Answers (higher)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

I'm certain his solution is fine... 1:30am is a bad time for this. I'll show it to an alert american or something... I want a second person to tell me it's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

Equations can have variables other than x!

lol, i know, the way he wrote it I thought it was a quadratic in X not C.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

could someone post the answer for for 5C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭stev2604

Does anyone know when the marking schemes come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

stev2604 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the marking schemes come out?

I'm pretty sure they come out when the results are out. The marking schemes are definately not made until after the exams. theyre made over the summer and are probably available to the public after the results. maybe before, but not anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Burner- wrote: »
    could someone post the answer for for 5C

Well if a, b and c are consecutive terms in a geometric sequence, then b/a = c/b.

So you get this

6xrmzo.jpg

And then go on a cancelling spree and end up with n = -1, which obviously isn't a natural number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Challenged

The Algebra solutions (Questions 1 & 2) have just been posted up:

http://www.studentxpress.ie/papers/algsoln2008.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Challenged

The solutions to Questions 4 & 5 have just been posted up:

http://www.studentxpress.ie/papers/seqsoln2008.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Cunning

Peleus wrote: »
    you got it right but [C^2 - C.X + 1 = 0] isn't a quadratic. you're missing an X squared.

ermmm i think you'll find its a quadratic.
    not in x but in C?
    ppl often have difficulty with this for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

I'm certain his solution is fine... 1:30am is a bad time for this. I'll show it to an alert american or something... I want a second person to tell me it's wrong.

Agreed, and a very nice solution it is too.

Well done, Cunning! Thou art veritably eponymous!

Advertisement