Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary maths paper 1

Options
  • 06-06-2008 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

I'm sure there's a thread on this already but I couldnt find it!!
    Wondering how everyone did in ordinary maths paper 1 today?

Thought the paper was grand no really big surprises.... A few tricky part c's but otherwise didnt find it too hard!

Wat about everyone else?
    xx

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Not only is there one, there's two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 GoingBk2School

This paper was exactly what I had hoped for, and I think I've really ballsed it up!

I'm only aiming for a pass - I started covering the Junior Cert and Leaving Material in February, having never studied maths before, so my aim was to only do four questions (1,2,3,4) and get the pass I need.

My mind went completely back for the speed related questions in Q1 (the easy bit!), and I struggled with the simultaneous equations. All in all, I'm not very happy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a copy of the paper?

As in, online?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

Maths O.L Paper 1 - http://www.examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2008/LC003GLP100EV.pdf

I tried everything, but think I did ****e...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭daveywavey08

lol what sorta dumbasses do ordinary maths, mostly girls i'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Iammwa

Do you do Honours??

If you do, fair play. If you dont, shut the **** up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I thought it was grand apart from 3c(ii) and 6c(ii) all in all a very fair paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

Yea....Girls.....

Did anyone do Q8? What was the graph supposed to be like?!

I got two lines, one curved twice, and the f ' (x) line had a single curve in it(U-Shaped)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

It was cubic so it was meant to have two curves in it. Mine went up then curved back down and went back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Its highly likely I did dire in retrospect, me and maths don't get on really.

Seem to do better at paper 2.

Thought I failed the mock and game away with 48, in an Irish school with the additional marks, I'd be fine. 35% sees you over the line. Not counting Maths, its the thorn in my side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

lol what sorta dumbasses do ordinary maths, mostly girls i'd say

are u doin all honours?

i did honours maths until my mock and decided 2 do ordinary..it doesn make me dumb..i just didn study for maths

and im a girl:)

jessie11 wrote: »
    are u doin all honours?

i did honours maths until my mock and decided 2 do ordinary..it doesn make me dumb..i just didn study for maths

and im a girl:)

Damn right! I did honours all last year and up to november of my leaving cert, I dropped down to allow time for me to catch up in other subjects.

I did Math OL Paper I yesterday and I think I aced it! It had some hard part C's like that one with the tangent at 135degrees. What was that about? As long as I do OK in paper II I'll get an A1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Im pretty sure I got absolutely everything right, apart from 6c)ii) and Im pretty sure I wont get full marks for 8 vi) because I fluked it completely.

Hoping for an A1 in this, so Im happy to say Im on course.

And to the fool who is givin out about Ordinary maths, some of the smartest people I know do Ordinary maths, they just dont have the time to put in to be absolutely certain they would get a C in Honours, so they'll take the points for A1 in Ordinary.

Im pretty sure I got absolutely everything right, apart from 6c)ii) and Im pretty sure I wont get full marks for 8 vi) because I fluked it completely.

Hoping for an A1 in this, so Im happy to say Im on course.

And to the fool who is givin out about Ordinary maths, some of the smartest people I know do Ordinary maths, they just dont have the time to put in to be absolutely certain they would get a C in Honours, so they'll take the points for A1 in Ordinary.

I agree... :) There's a few people I think are gonna get all A1s in my OL math class.

Advertisement