Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Declan Ganley - Libertas Master

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

studiorat wrote: »
    Dob74 wrote: »

I think you'll find Ganley wants a closer model to the US. Federal Europe, Elected President etc...

yes but he wants the people of europe to be asked directly not have it being brought in the back door the way they are trying right now, so there is a big difference.

http://www.rte.ie/news/onetoone/ heres a 40 minute interview where he speaks for himslef

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I saw the interview. Very Poor.

You might explain "through the back door" to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

utick wrote: »
    yes but he wants the people of europe to be asked directly...
    That's just not practical. Besides, if, for example, the EU president was directly elected by the people of the EU, don't you think it's pretty likely that candidates from the UK, France, Italy and Germany would consistently be elected ahead of candidates from the smaller nations?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

Very Interesting Primetime tonight.
    Its hard to know what to make of him, i feel they should have done it next week, then maybe the question of funding would have been finally answered.

He's clearly an intelligent guy but one cant help but think 'hidden agenda' after seeing that.

interesting documentary, especially liked the part with the grainy dead body with all the inuendo that of course declan ganley knows all about this.

Dick Roche's "you're judged by your associates" line was pretty good also coming from a fina failer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

He's clearly an intelligent guy but one cant help but think 'hidden agenda' after seeing that.

Oh totally - it was made very clear in the programme that he steals from pensioners, opposes homosexuality and believes climate change is a myth.

That was a character assassination pure and simple. Can't wait to see the papers tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Very Interesting Primetime tonight.
    Its hard to know what to make of him, i feel they should have done it next week, then maybe the question of funding would have been finally answered.

Did Prime Time make you think he had a 'hidden agenda'? This show was disgrace. The day before the gov meet the banks to see if they are to be nationalised or taken over by foreign equity investors. They run this rubbish at us. Just because he isn't the son of a TD like most of the cabinet. Does not mean he is not entitled to an opinion on Lisbon.

Wish they would probe into were FF and FG get there money!!

utick wrote: »

yes but he wants the people of europe to be asked directly not have it being brought in the back door the way they are trying right now, so there is a big difference.

http://www.rte.ie/news/onetoone/ heres a 40 minute interview where he speaks for himslef

This was not my orginal quote:):)

That bastard sold those albanian factory workers out and then denied knowing Kosta Tribecki on television.

Of course I was at dinner and didn't watch the thing...

That bastard sold those albanian factory workers out and then denied knowing Kosta Tribecki on television.

Of course I was at dinner and didn't watch the thing...

They should of had shareholders of the irish banks disguising how well the stocks they bought are doing! Watch the show , cheap shot after cheap shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Our neutrality went out the window when American military aircraft were allowed to land unchecked in Shannon airport.

This one's off topic but it bugs me. We gave up our neutrality when we let English planes fly over Donegal in WW2 so they could protect their ships further into the atlantic from German attacks as they used less fuel than had they stayed out of our air space. If people are so upset about the Americans refueling in shannon why is there no one giving out about that atrocity. Oh cause they were the good guys then!
    djpbarry wrote: »
    I think you'll find I asked for something specific.

Ok tell me something specific of the treaty that was positive that FF flaunted. Cause all I can remember is scare mongering (which both did) vague heart string pulling (they were always good to us) etc. Remind me of a FF poster that mentioned a specific positive for our nation from the treaty please.

Dob74 wrote: »
    They should of had shareholders of the irish banks disguising how well the stocks they bought are doing! Watch the show , cheap shot after cheap shot.

They are as bad, but not the current subject of this discussion. Apart from his dubiously un-ethical business dealings, you still have to look further afield to find out anything about what his policys are.

http://www.fpri.org/ww/0405.200312.ganley.euconstitution.html
    this new Europe must be an equal partner and influence for the worldwide extension of justice and liberty.

Have a read of his FRPI speech and understand that Declan Ganley is one of the most extreme Euro-federalists the country. In many speeches he has indicated that he wants to see a United States of Europe with a directly elected president, modeled on, and working closely with the USA.

To push "liberty" (as understood by neo-cons!) in the world. Curiously his views are usually expressed to US audiences and well away from cameras and are only revealed through speeches US think tanks publish.

In fact here's a few reasons why he's acting like a dictator!!:D
    - He is not an elected representative, but claims to speak for all of us, having manoeuvred himself into a public position of influence, through manipulation of the political system and the media, by non-democratic means.

- He has not even been elected the head of his own Libertas 'political party', that I am aware of, so in other words he is not even accountable to his own 'members'.

- Politically, he sits on the extreme fringe of right wing.

- He has pictures of himself taken in full commandant-style military regalia.

- He has made millions and millions of euros in 'gangster capitalist' states, and received military contracts, without having to bid for them.

- In plain terms, he acts in a dictatorial fashion, threatening to financially destroy a wide range of politicians, journalists, and other critics, with his high-power legal team (which even Michael McDowell shied away from).

- He is passing himself off as a man of the people, and yet telling us we need to give him 100 million euros, in a form of protection money, to ward off the evils of an international axis of power 'elites' and evildoers.

- He uses his deep pockets to buy and control innocent looking and popular web sites, like politics.ie, which are used to monitor opposition and collect and redistribute private information belonging to Irish and foreign citizens.

- Before assuming his dictatorial stance, he had in fact been very quietly very tight with Government parties, hiring prominent politicians to represent him in business transactions, thereby gathering inside information.

- During the Lisbon campaign, his organisation did not hold any proper public meetings, or operate in a grass-roots manner, but chose instead to spend vast sums of money (then evade scrutinty about it) and hire professionals to design, promote and man his 'political party'.

- He holds lavish ostentatious dinners, in honour of himself. Rather than allow media to enter and even participate, he instead issues carefully controlled statements, so he can get a lot of publicity but control the content of it.

from here!

Advertisement