Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3V Card Top Ups

Options
  • 06-06-2008 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Not a major issue but I keep getting turned away when I try to top up my 3V card. Shops listed as being involved keep saying that they are not. Anybody got any idea of any shop in the North East of Wicklow or the Southside of Dublin County/Dublin City who deals in 3V Cards....I know 3V do a list but as I say already 2 of the people on that list have said they don't.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have a shop and used to do 3v. Due to reasons which I cannot/should not say on here, I told 3v to go to hell a long time ago. Unfortunatley, lots of shops are having difficulties with them and for what we get - 1.50, we could loose a lot.

It may be a case of 3V still advertising shops because they are trying to make it look like they are still popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

any chance of a pm of the reasons?

PeakOutput wrote: »
    any chance of a pm of the reasons?

no chance whatsoever !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I had to give up using 3v as I was finding it harder and harder to find a shop that sold them. Nobody seems to be doing them anymore.

Ended up getting a credit instead, much handier and less hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Someone suggested www.wirecard.com in another thread. Not used them myself but it might be a good alternative for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Not a major issue but I keep getting turned away when I try to top up my 3V card. Shops listed as being involved keep saying that they are not. Anybody got any idea of any shop in the North East of Wicklow or the Southside of Dublin County/Dublin City who deals in 3V Cards....I know 3V do a list but as I say already 2 of the people on that list have said they don't.

Thanks.
    The Green Tree shop in Bray on the Herbert Road do, at least they did a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

The Day Today newsagents in Dun Laoghaire still do them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Might be a bit out of your way but the Esso on the Nangor Road in Clondalkin (beside Grange Castle golf course) do them, as does Spar at the Beaufield S.C. in Maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Kensington Chap

I used a fake name for a 3V card before, just to keep my real name off the net. Then there was a technical glitch or something, and they had to refund a top-up I made, and of course they sent out the cheque to the fake name I used... so I couldn´t cash it.
    I tried explaining why I used a fake name but they wouldn´t reissue the cheque - they just cancelled that card on me. The shower.

If you are stuck with it, endorse it and cash it. The only issue may be if 3v stopped the cheque when you told them.

Its unfortunate you have seen there other side, was the refund much?

• Advertisement
Advertisement