Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play 2 for £10 offer

Options
  • 06-06-2008 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

Problem is when you click the euro flag in the corner it becomes a 2 for €15 offer.

According to xe.com £10 = €12.51.

How can they get away with this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

podge018 wrote: »
    Problem is when you click the euro flag in the corner it becomes a 2 for €15 offer.

Because its 2 for 10 pounds or
    or 2 for 15 euro

An offer is an offer, just because its in a different currency it makes feck all difference.

BTW you never get xe.com's exchange rate with any bank or credit card company.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Currency doesn't always stay the same rate.

Are you sure thats not the Irish pound, anyway, because the irish pound is linked at 12.57 and the english pound was always stronger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

play are infamous for charging euro and sterling prices that are in no way reflective of the current exchange rate, look at other cds/dvds etc. I used to buy stuff in sterling from them but they will no longer allow someone with a non UK address pay in sterling

One thing to note tho is that XE quote mid market rates so the rate your bank gives you will be slightly less advantageous (not as disadvantageous as play's tho!)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

its sterling not IR£, its plays offer, if you don't like it then shop elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Because it's their company and their DVD's . They can charge what they like.

They can charge us €100 for every dvd and give them free to people in the UK if they like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

To be quite honest, Play haven't been passing on the benefits to the Eurozone customers from the rise in strength of the Euro against the Sterling. But, and here's a shocker, they don't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

So I got talking to somebody at Play and they agreed to give me 2 for €13. At least it's nearer the mark.

I told them I wanted them to scrap my username, the lot, and don't email me ever again with deals. Seems to have worked.

Advertisement