Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dead Rising - Any good?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

How much loading is there in the first hour of gameplay, its ridiculous! Everytime I go around a corner a loading screen comes up :mad:. Does this continue for the rest of the game???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Marmite game. I loved it and I played it on a SDTV, and a small one at that.

It's different to anything out there and one of very very few games that got me to stick it out til the end to get to 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

not the biggest fan of the game, but its a bit funny going around every now and again just whacking the s**t out of zombie's. can be alright, but its still not the best in my eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I think the best way to approach this game is not to follow the missions or stories at all and just use it to jump in and out of to go on some zombie killing sprees, you rack up an insane amount in a car or bike. I too found the storyline frustrating due to the time contraints etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

And the Underground Car park would be where? ... That sounds like a great way to get some PP, and eventually make the character useful ... Until now I'm only getting small amounts (with the odd bonus for annoying photographer guy, and to old couple on the roof).

If you go out to the Leisure Park from Paradise Plaza (only one I can picture in my head at the mo!) stick to the left handside of Leisure Park, up close to the North Plaza you'll come to a gap in the wall that leads you to an overground car park. Hop into the car and drive down into the underground. Don't worry, the living dead can't get you in the car so take it easy because there's propane tank zombies everywhere and once that car's fubar, so are you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Jip wrote: »
    I think the best way to approach this game is not to follow the missions or stories at all and just use it to jump in and out of to go on some zombie killing sprees, you rack up an insane amount in a car or bike. I too found the storyline frustrating due to the time contraints etc.

Wouldnt agree with that tbh, worth doing that for a while to build up the character and then restart with a view to completing the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

The story is cleverly structured, you're given a large amount of freedom. It's an unusual game, there's a lot of fun to be had with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Total marmite game, but I love it. Played it sooo much by now I should be sick of it, but I'm still tempted to go back one of these days to try and survive 7 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

loved the game so many things to do and ways to play.

highlight for me was clobbering zombies with a giant lego block.

fookin hate the bosses though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SNL

After the foodcourt fight ya can save in the gym in al fresco plaza just to the right when it loads as far as i remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Im really enjoying this, yea theres a few things a bit odd like the bosses are terrible and the time constaint can be annoying but the game as a whold is really enjoyable.

playing on a 28" CRT Panasonic with a RGB scart and it looks great. dont know where the SD in-game unreadable text issue came from.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    playing on a 28" CRT Panasonic with a RGB scart and it looks great. dont know where the SD in-game unreadable text issue came from.

If you are playing with the nasty AV composite the text is unreadable. However if you are playing with AV composite on a TV that supports RGB scart then it's your own fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

yep, i can't state enough how important a RGB scart is especially to non-HD gamers. I got a wii RGB for 6 quid a while back and the difference was huge.

i remember capcom saying they would fix the whole StandardDef situation but really, its the gamers own fault if they can't read the text.

Advertisement