Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Level Irish - Stair

Options
  • 06-06-2008 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Any hints, tips or ideas? What are people generally studying? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Bambi16

Maybe this is obvious to the majority of people but I only figured it out there a while ago

Learn the 6 female poets, all you need to know is where they were born etc..Flick back through the papers and you'll see there are some which haven come up in two years

With the Stair like Ogham etc just pot luck, I guess or note the last few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭niamherz88

I did the leaving cert last year and the one thing we were told was a dead cert to come up was one of either an fhiannaoict or an ruaraiocht(excuse the spelling). To my general dismay, seeing as i was greatly relying on thid, neither appeared on the paper. For this reason id say defo study these two as you should be guaranteed one.

The writers are also pretty handy as you only have to know the basic facts. Handy marks really. Aside from that I dont really know-something on the mean cumarsaide usually appears but you coudnt be sure. Of course ou could just play it really safe and learn them all but at this late stage i guess that isnt an option.:)

Best of Luck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Turquoise

Technically I have learnt them all, bar the people section and two others - but I'll never remember them all...so I'm kinda hoping people will have some ideas.
    Definitely doing Ruraiocht and Fiannaiocht as I heard it didn't come up last year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

+ An Aisling Pholaitiúil, Na hAmhráin and An Béaloideas.

Advertisement