Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lip lines

• 06-06-2008 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

As an ex-smoker for more years than I'd care to admit, I'm now left with vertical lines on my top lip heading up towards my nose. Used to happen when I puckered up, now a permenant feature. My lip liner and lip stick seem to all run into the cracks now too.

I dread the thoughts of collagen injections (ouch), though its maybe the best solution.

Anyone got any ideas if ther's anything over the counter I can use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

MissThing wrote: »
    As an ex-smoker for more years than I'd care to admit, I'm now left with vertical lines on my top lip heading up towards my nose. Used to happen when I puckered up, now a permenant feature. My lip liner and lip stick seem to all run into the cracks now too.

I dread the thoughts of collagen injections (ouch), though its maybe the best solution.

Anyone got any ideas if ther's anything over the counter I can use?

Dermalogica do a very good multivitamin eye and lip cream which is something you are certainly going to need after smoking (well done on giving up BTW:)) As far as the damage already created goes I'm not sure if there is anything you can do to fill the lines out again short of going down the road of collagen. However I could be well wide of the mark there so would suggest going to a good beauty salon where they can examine your face and outline your treatment options. They may have some tricks I haven't heard of yet. I can recommend the Buff Day Spa on South King Street, D2 as an excellent salon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

When you are applying your lipliner and lipstick, make sure the lip area is free of oils. Dust a bit of translucent powder around the area to take away any excess oil - don't over do it or too much powder will enhance the wrinkles!!

What lipliner do you use? Stay away from soft/cream liners as they will just run. If you line your whole lip, not just the outter rim, this will give a good base when you put your lipstick on and should stop it from running. What type of lipstick do you use? If its very creamy it will more like move. Go for something semi-matte. You don't want to dry out your lips completely.

There was a product Prescriptives had that was sort of like polyfiller for wrinkles. I think it was more for crow's feet but you could have a look and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MissThing

Thanks for your response. I mostly use L'oréal lipsticks and lip pencils.

Advertisement