Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perfect English - School

• 06-06-2008 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hi all,

Last week I saw an ad in the front window of the citizens office about this English school for foreigners, and I sent them 2 mails but I received no answer at all. Do you know this school? Are they on holidays or something? do you know any other school for people who, like me, are in Waterford only for a few months?

Thanks very much!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Nope, but the Holy Cross School in Tramore do English lessons for Spanish students over the summer. You might be able to try get in on those lessons perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nateireann

Hi Sully,

It would be great to attend those classes but Tramore is a bit far from where I live, I have to take two buses to get there and I am working so I don´t have much time during the week. But I really thank your suggestion, and it makes me happy knowing that there are Spanish people so near!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If you dont mind me asking, where abouts do you live in Waterford? Bus Eireann drop you right outside the school and has stops from the Bus Station all the way out as far as SuperQuinn. If your living up by the Ardkeen direction, Kavanaghs have a bus service that can bring you as far as the Catholic Church where its only a few mins walk from there? :)

Sorry I cant be of more help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Waterford English Language Centre

31 John's Hill, Waterford, Co. Waterford Tel: 00 353 51 877288 Fax: 00 353 51 854603

http://www.educationireland.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=177&Itemid=191

Sully,
    I am living near Aldi in Ferrybank, :( I am afraid I am a little far from Tramore to go during the week, but I really appreciate your concern, thank you very much.

South,
    thanks, I will take a look to that school!

Today I think I discovered where the Perfect English School is, but there is no ad at the door, I will go during the week to take a look.

The web page (just in case you heard about it) is:
    http://www.perfectenglish-waterford.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Hey, I've seen advertisements for a new school on Cathedral Lane. It stuck with me because it seemed like an odd place to put... well, anything.

Here's a map on how to get to the street:
    http://maps.google.com/?q=Cathedral+Ln,+Waterford,+Ireland&sll=52.261711,-7.111017&sspn=0.006295,0.006295&ie=UTF8&ll=52.263614,-7.11103&spn=0.010559,0.021629&z=15&iwloc=addr

If memory serves right, it's in Number 3.

oh, Thanks very much indeed, KingLoser, I will take a look at this one as well. Taking into account that the one I discovered closed in May this year (that's my luck) and the one South recommended me doesn't answer my mails...
    And the one in Tramore, I have been told that is for teenagers? could it be possible? because I haven't been a teenager for a loooooooooooong time xDDDD Sully, do you know if that one teaches English to adult people? people almost in their thirties? :o:o
    Thanks a lot!

Sorry should have said - you would be learning with teenagers. But at the end of the day, who cares? Just sit at the back of the class as a mature student :p

well, I look younger, luckily I would go unnoticed!:p:p

I don't think they accept adult people there... we could corrupt minors!! xD

Anyway, let's see if I find a school in Waterford, it shouldn't be so difficult, should it? :confused:

Spoted some advertismenets in town the other day for teaching English..

School of English - Summer Courses - 085 271 08 30 or 086 72 33 7 33 Waterford Wexford 8am to 8pm. Discount in June of 40%.

Abacus Access Centre+ Callan Method (since 1960)

Hope that helps!

• Advertisement

Ey SUlly, thanks very much! I will phone them to get some information!!

Advertisement