Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which bike??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,976 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I don't think Land Rover is a very well respected bicycle brand. Out of those brands, Giant would be the one I'm most familiar with and they're a good make. It also helps that the store is based in Ireland, so you can call in and they'll have the bike all setup and assembled for you. If you ordered from the UK, you'll have to do a certain amount of assembly yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I would say the Giant is the best of that lot and as Stark says there are many advantages to buying locally- you can try the bike out for size, have somewhere to go back to if you have problems, etc. (and you will need to have a new bike serviced after stuff beds in - this is something local bike shops do for free.)

If buying online there will often be a fair bit of assembly, but not with Wiggle- they set the bikes up very well and you just have to add the handlebars and pedals, which is really easy (they send all the tools you will need to do this- although you should also get lithium grease for the pedals.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tober

Still undecided which bike to go for. Can anyone recommend a good website that reviews different bikes?

PS I intend to buy from my local bike shop

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

try Bike Radar for reviews

Advertisement