Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How has this Board helpd your LC?

Options
  • 06-06-2008 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

English
    Mahon, Rich, Boland were a sure thing.
    Literary Genre & Theme or Issue were a sure ting.

Geography
    Biome will get you through (We got the best possible Q also!!)
    Someone beautifully predicted "Christaller's Central Place" yesterday and I took his word for it!
    Landform was guaranteed

Although last night I foolishly learned off the "Rotating Cylinder" Q fo 8(C) in Maths - didn't evn do the Q bu it wasn't there anyway . . .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

It has made me worry more than anything.. But it's still good to chat about what you think will come up.. No matter how wrong they are.. Like in English the amount of people who were disregarding Donne had me ****tin' it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I was persuaded to learn the proof for De Moivre's theorem (turns out it's easy), and it came up in today's paper. So that's always nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

I was persuaded to learn the proof for De Moivre's theorem (turns out it's easy), and it came up in today's paper. So that's always nice.

So did I. In class we didnt do induction so I was one of the only ones able to do it. Easiest 20 marks ever. But I also wasted time learing the formula for a sphere a cone by integration....

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

eoin2nc wrote: »
    But I also wasted time learing the formula for a sphere a cone by integration....

Well that was a common prediction from a lot of people.. and it wasn't too hard so it was worth covering..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I wanted to get a sphere/cone by integration question. Though that area one was great, I thought. But yeah de moivre's proof was the easiest c part ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

muffinman wrote: »
    Well that was a common prediction from a lot of people.. and it wasn't too hard so it was worth covering..

Yes it wasnt but I dont like learning stuff and then it not being asked, it makes me feel like I wasted a fraction of my life. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

i would have had no clue about a part of tech graph if it was not for a very nice person callled qwerty on this forum:))))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

it helps and makes me panic haha

and i shud b studying when im on here 2....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I find I turn on the computer, say I'll 'study online' (theres no such thing, lets be honest) and end up on YouTube watching Alan Partridge clips, or listening to music. Typical. Computer is a distraction really. Still, full credit to Sparknotes, who may have even convinced an examiner somewhere I read Othello fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 x-katz-x

Well it defintely helped me for english altho i was sorta worryin that Donne wouldn't come up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

two words
    my mocks
    =]

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

It's nice to see that other people have similar predictions to yourself! I like the paper discussion after it's makes you think "oh great!' or "oh NO!'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

i knew rich and mahon were coming up so i studied mahon in detail
    knew theme was comin up studied that and had 3 othello questions planned around the questions asked so it didnt really help me but it was a comfort to see a lot of people studying mahon

Advertisement