Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a Preforming Arts Course.

Options
  • 06-06-2008 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

Well, I have always been into this walk of life and decided to follow it up while I have the chance. I have done a few exams such as the "Leinster School of Music and Drama" exams and attended the school for it in Avoca (its name escapes me).

But anyway one of the modules on the course is fencing, as in foil, saber ect ect. I also fence as well, but is stage fencing much different than the real thing, because a slight concern is that I'll pick up bad habits from one to the other so to speak.

Any help on this would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Not terribly sure what you're asking but I imagine that 'stage fencing' is taught by the same people who teach 'fencing' as it is a very precise art.
    In all my years in the business I have never had to fence on stage or film but when a colleague of mine did a professional was brought in to give some pointers.

Advertisement