Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert... Spanish

Options
  • 06-06-2008 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

:Djust wondering can anyone help?
    I know its not easy to predict bu wondering does anyone recommened anything for the opinion in spanish??

What teachers has said etc...
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 xxxkacixxx

All i know is that I am going to do quite bad in it.
    The tape is getting more difficult each year so you can count on that being really hard.
    We were just told to know your verbs as well as you can and look back at all the vocab used in previous years. Also with the essay make sure you have three developed points and don't waffle. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭hoggie-bear

xxxkacixxx wrote: »
    All i know is that I am going to do quite bad in it.
    The tape is getting more difficult each year so you can count on that being really hard.
    We were just told to know your verbs as well as you can and look back at all the vocab used in previous years. Also with the essay make sure you have three developed points and don't waffle. :confused:

Oh dear.. I need a god dam B in this subject and your soo right lookin on pass papers its defo getting harder!!
    Did you Teacher say anything about enviroment as an opinion??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Da Bomber

I think my teacher said somethin about enviroment and terrorism possibly, if you know enough phrases and verbs you should get away with robbin vocab from the comprehension linked to the opinion.

Da Bomber wrote: »
    I think my teacher said somethin about enviroment and terrorism possibly, if you know enough phrases and verbs you should get away with robbin vocab from the comprehension linked to the opinion.

Yeah enviroment is highly tipped alri,
    Hoping for something on teenagers anything just i have sooo much vocab on that but cant use it in titles such as environment..
    worth alot of marks and want to do spanish in college so i need this!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Knuffel

We were told smoking was likely enough but I'm not sure if I'd trust my Spanish teacher...

• Advertisement

I dont even know what my teacher is talkin about.. he is actually spanish wit really bad english.....:pac:
    Grinds has helped me pull through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Da Bomber

Knuffel wrote: »
    We were told smoking was likely enough but I'm not sure if I'd trust my Spanish teacher...

Thatd be a sweet one, but i doubt it its a bit too general and easy, one can always hope though! Anything that can be mixed with youth would be a god send:pac:

Da Bomber wrote: »
    Thatd be a sweet one, but i doubt it its a bit too general and easy, one can always hope though! Anything that can be mixed with youth would be a god send:pac:

Here Here!!
    The one for the mock wasnt too bad?
    Although smoking ban came in, in alot of countries?? and spain are smokeaholics,
    I heard obesity is another one
    mantener la linea- always a good saying, used it in my oral

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

my teacher was talking to one of the guys who sets the spanish paper and although he couldn't tell her the essay title, he did ensure her that it will be very "do-able" and "student-friendly" this year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 looly

I have a really good Spanish teacher but we havent really done topics as such....she says if you have loads of link sentences like a mi paracer and asi etc they look really impressive and then just know ur verbs n u can string the rest of it together. I got an A in the mock so im listening to her :D

• Advertisement

looly wrote: »
    I have a really good Spanish teacher but we havent really done topics as such....she says if you have loads of link sentences like a mi paracer and asi etc they look really impressive and then just know ur verbs n u can string the rest of it together. I got an A in the mock so im listening to her :D

wow A huh that nice alri wouldn mind me one of those :D

22diamonds wrote: »
    my teacher was talking to one of the guys who sets the spanish paper and although he couldn't tell her the essay title, he did ensure her that it will be very "do-able" and "student-friendly" this year :D

i hope so, especially cos its worth a lot of marks.. only got C in mock so im hoping for a B or higher..

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

We did do a sh*t load of topics this year: environment, third world, the global food crisis, drugs/alcohol, politics, even dyslexia. Although, I reckon it'll be something a lot more accessible, like the internet, or TV, or family, or something. I'm in the same boat as you, hoggie-bear, want to study it next year so I damn well need my B/A :pac:

kaki wrote: »
    We did do a sh*t load of topics this year: environment, third world, the global food crisis, drugs/alcohol, politics, even dyslexia. Although, I reckon it'll be something a lot more accessible, like the internet, or TV, or family, or something. I'm in the same boat as you, hoggie-bear, want to study it next year so I damn well need my B/A :pac:

No way, my teacher is stupid did nothing like that, i do grinds which is v handy but i mean did grinds for the mocks and only got a C so no excuses..:(
    Is spanish your last exam KAKI???
    What you wana do in college?? x

Yup, Spanish is my last. Seriously, can't wait.

I'm thinking of doing Arts next year, probably Spanish with Italian/Greek/History of Art. Still undecided though, considering taking a year out first though...if I don't mess up el examen :o

What about you? Next year, like. :)

well first choice is journalism with a language-spainsh.
    Its suppose to be an amazing course.. in your 4th year thay send you to argentina.. Imagine! think of how fluent you would become.. its such a gr8 language i have a house in spain so im always over there.. you think i would be fluent.. but hte only time i speak it is when iv a few jars on me and getting taxi home.. cant shut me up then...:pac:

Also have arts down in UCD and Maynooth.. will be doing english and spanish..
    bring on college life :D

Wow, that journo course sounds amazing...is that the one in DCU?

Wow, that journo course sounds amazing...is that the one in DCU?

No, but thave that down too
    Its in DIT angier st. points 415 praying they drop though! :pac:

Ah, algo en que pensar..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 prawn

hey, just looking for a bit of help.. Im not doing spanish in school because I moved school and cant do it in my new one and im worried ive forgotten loads of stuff for the essays. Any suggestions on nice phrases/idioms to use? Im good at spanish but just worried about what th structure for the essay has to be as in how many points/ what tenses etc...

please help :D (I will be eternally grateful) any attempt would be appreciated

• Advertisement

prawn wrote: »
    hey, just looking for a bit of help.. Im not doing spanish in school because I moved school and cant do it in my new one and im worried ive forgotten loads of stuff for the essays. Any suggestions on nice phrases/idioms to use? Im good at spanish but just worried about what th structure for the essay has to be as in how many points/ what tenses etc...

please help :D (I will be eternally grateful) any attempt would be appreciated

Just know your verbs, tenses, have a few sayings like who you would blame it on (culpa=blame) have all your phrases like 'i think' in my opinion' just make sure you have an intro relateto it and say if you agree or disagree what their askin you.. then have a middle paragraph on why you agree disagree you can relte it to yourself 'por ejemplo, para mi..' and give an eg from your own exp waffle. waffle. waffle and concl
    my grinds teacher always tells me.. dont use fancy words to try and impress them stick to 'baby spanish' it makes it easier for all...

ok, that helps and tense wise what would you need to put in to get an A? which is what i really need tbh because I do french aswell and if you use the subjunctive and tenses such as the plusqueperfecto you immediately get higher grades. Do you know if anyone is doing the perscribed text? (la aventura de said)?

prawn wrote: »
    ok, that helps and tense wise what would you need to put in to get an A? which is what i really need tbh because I do french aswell and if you use the subjunctive and tenses such as the plusqueperfecto you immediately get higher grades. Do you know if anyone is doing the perscribed text? (la aventura de said)?

no not sure, i know im not.. yeah if you slip in a few subjunctives it will impress them but make sure you know what ur doin cos if u slip up it annoys them 'apparently'

tense wise.. it all depends.. like take last yrs opinion
    something bou jobs affecting schoolwork. i did a practice one and disagree'd i did my intro tellin them that i dissagree, 2nd paragraph said why and used myself as an eg said i have a job and im doin exams but it doens affect me but said ppl who wrk in late bars bla bla..
    anyway haha used present tense because i set it in the present tense but you myt need to use past if using eg and future for your conc
    like the gov will have to do something about this problem because... bla bla blaaah

you myt need to use past if using eg and future for your conc
    like the gov will have to do something about this problem because... bla bla blaaah
    Es imprescindible que el gobierno haga algo para mejorar la situacion! ;)
    the prescribed text is hilarious in its uselesness its about these illegal immigrants living in Barcelona who are attacked by skin heads "los skins" i read it there a few weeks ago but the journalistic text is actually easier to answer... Are you looking to do Spanish next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Hola,

Yo hice el LC el año pasado y saqué un A2. Usé muchas frases de estos sitios de web -

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=237928

http://cogweb.ucla.edu/Discourse/Proverbs/Spanish-English.html

Utilizé mucho los subjunctivos (el imperfecto y el presente), pero en mi ensayo solo recibí unos 60%. Saqué el A2 porque mi oral y aural fueron excelentes y mis primeros secciones fueron 100% correctos pero mi expresión escrita fue peor (quizá la podéis ver :p).

Lo mas importante para mi estaba usando la lengua lo mas que podía. Hablarla con mi amiga (eramos 2 en la clase) por ejemplo, y por eso aprendí los verbos etc etc.

Solo quiero compartir esos sitios de web y consejitos :p No os preocupeis demassiado, podeis sacar muy buenas notas solo por hacer muy bien el primer parte y hacer tu mejor con el ensayo/la letra/conversación.

Y no hableis ingles por aquí!!! Debeis utilizar vuestro español! Haréis errores pero podeis aprender por esos. Espero que encuentreis los sitios utiles y que no importe a nadie que no uso "ustedes" haha :P

Si teneis preguntas, preguntamelas :)

kisaragi wrote: »
    Hola,
    Y no hableis ingles por aquí!!! Debeis utilizar vuestro español! Haréis errores pero podeis aprender por esos. Espero que encuentreis los sitios utiles y que no importe a nadie que no uso "ustedes" haha :P

Si teneis preguntas, preguntamelas :)

oye, muchas gracias acabo de abrir los sitios web esos y me parecen fenomenal. A mi me encantan los "proverbs" espanyoles (no tengo la clave para la nye) Tienes razon, lo de el "usted" es muy raro y la verdad es que nadie lo utilize. He pasado mucho tiempo en espanya tenia una casa en Alicante y se utiliza en muy pocas situaciones por supongo cuando uno habo con el rey. Uy hace mucho tiempo que he escrito en espanyol, lo deberia haber estando practicando durante el anyo. dios... Pues mi examen oral se paso muy bien, era la unica en mi colegio asi que la chica quien me examino vino solo para mi, y no me pregunto nada sobre mi familia etc era muy parecido a una conversacion normal que podria haber tenido lugar en cualquier sitio..
    Deberias haber sacado un A1! tantos erores no hay, estudias espanyol este anyo a la universidad?

Y otra cosa, si haces la conversacion en el lugar de la carta hay que utilizar el usted si hablas con un camarero o no? Siento todas las preguntas pero necesito sacar muy buena nota y no tengo profesor a quien puedo hablar. Es culpa tuya! , das la impresion de saber como hacerlo lol gracias de nuevo

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Sí lo estudié este año en la universidad, pero no puedo conseguir estudiandolo el año que viene :( Estoy pensando en hacer unas de los cursos del instituto de cervantes porque no quiero olvidarlo.

Mmm supongo que sea mejor utilizar usted en este caso, así que el examiner (no sé la palabra) sepa que lo entiedes.

Tu español me parece perfecto. Estoy seguro que no tendras problemas.

Oh, y si te das cuenta de errores en mi español puedes decirmelos, porque me parece el unico metodo para (por? lol) mejorar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Livo

I'm thinking of doing Arts next year, probably Spanish with Italian/Greek/History of Art. Still undecided though, considering taking a year out first though...if I don't mess up el examen :o

looks like i'll be seeing you in spanish next year...ucc is it? :)

• Advertisement

Ah, awesome! Viva Espana, y el idoma! en...UCC, supongo...

Advertisement