Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we upload our own Avatar?

Options
  • 06-06-2008 6:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

or is it still subscribers only?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

sub only

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Ah I thought so.

The current method only lets you go through the choice of avatars one at a time, which takes forever. How about a page of pics when you click on the different categories?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Ah I thought so.

The current method only lets you go through the choice of avatars one at a time, which takes forever. How about a page of pics when you click on the different categories?
    Thats a new thing with the avatars?

It used to show a full page of pics

kaimera wrote: »
    Thats a new thing with the avatars?

It used to show a full page of pics

The new way is a pain!

Can we request some new ones Admin? The TV section has, mostly, The Golden Girls.

The Golden Girls! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Or you could just pay the few euro to help fund the site and become a subscriber?!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Sully wrote: »
    Or you could just pay the few euro to help fund the site and become a subscriber?!
    Indeed.
    I had a fiver left on a 3v card, so I threw it to boards and got to have a pic of the lovely Nina.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Fiver a month to have my pedobear avatar - priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I kept getting "invalid url" when I tried to use a custom avatar. I uploaded one to photobucket first and when that failed to work I uploaded one to Boards but got the same "invalid url" page. After a few tries I gave up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thrill wrote: »
    I kept getting "invalid url" when I tried to use a custom avatar. I uploaded one to photobucket first and when that failed to work I uploaded one to Boards but got the same "invalid url" page. After a few tries I gave up.

Trying is the first step towards failure. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Trying is the first step towards failure. :pac:

:D:D:D:D

Brilliant. Good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Soon as I get a chance to rob mammy's credit card and get her statement before she does, I'll be happy to hand over the €50 for the year, but as it is, I am skint!

"always ask the bill payers permission" - Screw that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Krieg wrote: »
    Fiver a month to have my pedobear avatar - priceless

For everything else there is MasterCard!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I'm working on recategorising the avatars...

Ta.

Advertisement