Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyeing up a Deauville

• 06-06-2008 6:44pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Well following my disaster last year, ive been eyeing up new bikes and no matter what i do, i still come back to Deauvilles!

I have my eye on a mint 03 Deauville at the mo, low mileage. Unless i see a similar priced valid alternative, its mine!!!

Any suggestions??? The first one to say BMW gets a slap! :p

Comments

I would buy a tractor before I'd even look at a deauville.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

/climbs into flame-retardant suit

What's wrong with BMW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Im sure thier great bikes but they just dont do it for me:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I would buy a tractor before I'd even look at a deauville.:cool:

I hate you! :p Next you will tell me im having a mid life crisis! As JP Motorcycles would say, "they are only boring because they are notoriously reliable"
    DeepBlue wrote: »
    /climbs into flame-retardant suit

What's wrong with BMW?

See below.... :D

Im sure thier great bikes but they just dont do it for me:(

At least you are honest but how could you resist this?? ;)
    Honda%20Deauville.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Maybee when im a bit older and life starts to slow down and i have about 10 kids, but ill always have a bike for the days you just feel like a wheelie:eek:;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Go on, buy a Dullville! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I have one and I am no old man still in my 20s,great bike and never an ounce of hassle.What price range are 03 bikes in..?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Dub13 wrote: »
    I have one and I am no old man still in my 20s,great bike and never an ounce of hassle.What price range are 03 bikes in..?

Depends between 5-6k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭BlueBandit

Do the right thing, get a bandit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

BlueBandit wrote: »
    Do the right thing, get a bandit

Or a diesel Mondeo... Anything but a Dopeville - I'd rather be dragged behind a Harley than drive one of those yawn-mobiles.

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I don't own one and am not considering buying one, but can't figure out the hostility people have towards Deauvilles.

I think it's the practicality they hate, as if riding something with no luggage space or terrible reliability or a wrist-torturing riding position makes their willy bigger, or something.

:rolleyes:

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

ninja900 wrote: »
    I don't own one and am not considering buying one, but can't figure out the hostility people have towards Deauvilles.

I think it's the practicality they hate, as if riding something with no luggage space or terrible reliability or a wrist-torturing riding position makes their willy bigger, or something.

:rolleyes:

I agree,I had other bikes for years but would never change from a Deauville,they are grat bikes very reliable and it saves me running two cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

That's a sweet looking Deauville alright, she's a minter.
    Can't go wrong with it, especially as you know what they are like, having had one before...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭BlueBandit

Or a diesel Mondeo... Anything but a Dopeville - I'd rather be dragged behind a Harley than drive one of those yawn-mobiles.

'cptr

Thats cage talk, Ill get chopper after you:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ninja900 wrote: »
    ..as if riding something with no luggage space or terrible reliability or a wrist-torturing riding position makes their willy bigger, or something. :rolleyes:
    You mean it doesn't? :eek:

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement