Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Avoid the N4 Today (Crash at Rathowen)

Options
  • 06-06-2008 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

Just in case there are any boardsie's who might be using that road this evening, do try to avoid it. There was a very bad crash involving two cars and a truck at about 17:25. By the time I turned around and drove back through Rathowen to take the back roads to Edgeworthstown the traffic was back to Edgeworthstown and Ballinalack respectively.

Also, I hope there was nobody killed there, but with 5 ambulances out there I have to say the odds arn't good :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Yeah a bad crash from what I heard, I hope no-one was killed :( Was in the area and the traffic added 3/4 an hour to my journey - I was heading east along N4 and but turned back to Edgeworthstown and took back roads through Lisryan and Streete, came out at the church in Rathowen. Gardai were directing westbound traffic onto the same route and the back roads were jammed in that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

BrianD3 wrote: »
    Yeah a bad crash from what I heard, I hope no-one was killed :( Was in the area and the traffic added 3/4 an hour to my journey - I was heading east along N4 and but turned back to Edgeworthstown and took back roads through Lisryan and Streete, came out at the church in Rathowen. Gardai were directing westbound traffic onto the same route and the back roads were jammed in that direction.

Yeah, I came across it about 1 minuteor so after it happened, no gardai, no fire brigades, only two ambulances that happened to be on the road at the same time, I knew something was up when they turned on the lights and bombed like 100 yards up the road - not a pretty sight.

The Edgeworthstown->Streete route is the way to go if you can, I was heading home to Longford and had to turn back to take the left at the Rathowen church for Streete, made sure to tell as many folks as I could the right way, some of them were lost without the N4 :o

Advertisement