Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Ordinary Q8vi,answer anyone?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

What I did was. I took the value when y=1 on my graph looked for what value x was when y=1 and subbed 1 to y and subbed the value I found for x and found c by working it out as a normal equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I wrote down 2 i think.You might aswell have a complete guess at it.The slope is -3 though.I knew that as y=mx+c.But i dont think that had anything to do with the question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 xxxkacixxx

what I did was took -3 as the slope and put that equal to the derivative from earlier and got a value for x, I then put that into the original equation and got the value for y. I then slotted them into y=3x+c and got 9 I think.
    This was just complete guessing though and hope I got it right.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Scrivo

Anybody notice the typo on 2b (ii) ? The 75 to the power of dot. Had be confused for ages, couldn't figure out if the dot stood for something and I just didn't know it. Extra marks all round I reckon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eoinfitzpatrick

I teach leaving cert honours. 9 is correct. Very difficult. Congrats if you got it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 eoinfitzpatrick

Dot is a full stop. Every question finishes with one

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Scrivo

Look where the full stop is on that question though. I found it quite misleading...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I teach leaving cert honours. 9 is correct. Very difficult. Congrats if you got it

Agh, I got -5, thanks for the info anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 xxxkacixxx

yay thanks a million for that! Got one thing right then :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Scrivo wrote: »
    Anybody notice the typo on 2b (ii) ? The 75 to the power of dot. Had be confused for ages, couldn't figure out if the dot stood for something and I just didn't know it. Extra marks all round I reckon :D

Lol me too I was like what **** does the dot mean?! But then I looked at the other questions and saw they all ended in a full stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

My graph did'nt work out very well. What were the points? And what shape was the curve meant to be in? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I had 2 for 2 of them -2 for 2 of them and 0 for 1 of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 IHATECHEMISTRY

A dot...misleading???

tbh, think thats looking for excuses, made no difference to the overall question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 IHATECHEMISTRY

Look where the full stop is on that question though. I found it quite misleading...
    A dot...misleading???

tbh, think thats looking for excuses, made no difference to the overall question.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I got 9...

But the thing is, I did it completely wrong. Im pretty sure I just got that answer by fluke, but I didnt show too many workings either... what are the chances Ill get some marks?

Advertisement