Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swimming In Boardshorts?

• 06-06-2008 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

OK I know I'm gonna sound like a complete nutter....

I want to get back into swimming in a pool a few times a week, it's my favourite exercise. However at the moment my legs/behind area is awful and I'm just not comfortable with having it on show until it is a little better. Is it generally unacceptable to swim in boardshorts (as a female) in pools? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

yeah, go for it. Not unacceptable, but pretty hard work dragging long shorts around the pool, don't go too baggy with them or it'll be like kicking your way out of a net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Clseeper

Shouldn't be a problem.

But as AngryHippie says, it will dramaticly increase the work you will have to do. I use board shorts when I'm training to make me work harder as I not getting as may sessions as I'd like. Make sure you pick as short a pair as your comfortable with.

Oh and make sure the pockets are netted or have no pockets at all. I made the mistake of getting a pair of shorts to swim in and they had solid pockets. The minute I start to swim they fill up and make it impossible to swim with. Its like drag the parachute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

If it makes you feel better - then why not? (as a temp measure at least).

Long term though - the less you wear the better and the more you'll enjoy your swim sessions. I mean you won't get the 'glide' feeling in shorts. Personally - that is the magic of swimming as a sport. The closest most of us will get to a flying sensation.

Go for it - stick on the shorts to get yourself in business out there in the pool. Then keep the ould laps up. You won't recognise yourself in the mirror after six months and can ditch the shorts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 amontillado

In my former pool years ago they wouldn't allow that- thank goodness it's changed because I'm probably going to do the same! Nothing like a big ol' scar/ wedge of porridge-like fat to bring on the heebie-jeebies :(

Advertisement