Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acer 5920 -help needed

• 06-06-2008 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,

I was wondering whether any of you could help me fix my laptop Acer 5920.

I wanted to restore the default factory settings of my laptop so I started the process but got interrupted due to a power cut.
    When I tried to recover the system by using Alt+F10, I got an error message saying "D2D32 type mismatch" so I couldn't go ahead with the recovery.

I guess I should get the recovery cds from the manufacturer but I am not sure whether that will work.

Can anybody shed a light on this? I didn't do any backups or anything like that, there were no recovery discs with the laptop when I bought it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Can you get into BIOS ? You could then check that D2D is enabled .

I dont see why recovery discs wouldnt work - I believe D2D is an application on the recovery partition and I doubt the CDs would call for it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marial

Hi Nessyquin,

Thanks for your reply. The D2D is enabled on Bios, I think it was enabled when I tried to restore it the first time. I managed to install Windows Vista but have lost all the software that was on the laptop when I bought it. Do I have to get rid of Windows Vista before trying to restore the system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gonzobeat

Hi Marial, I'm just getting out from the same trouble.
    You must start windows in safe mode, select the prompt option and launch chkdsk with this option: chkdsk /f c:.
    After chkdsk has repaired your system you can restore from the Hd (alt +F10) or from the backup CD.
    If you want to restore any data, before launching chkdsk try to start the system with a bootable pendrive with linux (ubuntu or other distro).
    Best
    Gonzobeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pogo182

nessyguin wrote: »
    Can you get into BIOS ? You could then check that D2D is enabled .

I dont see why recovery discs wouldnt work - I believe D2D is an application on the recovery partition and I doubt the CDs would call for it .

What about in my case where I boot from cd (with the system restore disk), then when I put in the First recovery cd acer gave me it says "type mismatch). THen i also get the same error if i try to use the DiskFormatDT_V1-1D.iso" disc that burned.

Its a brand new hard drive on a laptop.

Advertisement