Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Geography (o)

Options
  • 06-06-2008 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have just finished the Leaving Cert Geography Ordinary Paper and was left confused on how exactly to complete it, as i'm sure alot of people did too!

The paper consists of Short Answer Questions and detailed/multipart questions.

We are told in the paper the detailed/multipart questions are divided into two sections, section 1 and section 2.

In section 1 you are instructed to chose two questions from each of the sub-categories "Patterns and Processes in the Physical Environment" and "Regional Geography"

In section 2 you are instructed to do one question, the problem is there is no section 2

Deciding what to do, i asked the superviser, she didn't seem to know and associated the problem with me and her not understanding the geography syllabus.

So i just did a few more questions.

Whats also not clear is there are other sub-categories as headings in section one with attempt one question written underneath, if i did as it says i would have accumulated 400mks just from that section. Even though the paper in full only has 400mks this means that including the short questions I would have the option to achive 500mks out of 400.

Am i just imagining this?

Any idea's

Paper was release today on examinations.ie link:http://www.examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2008/LC005GLP000EV.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

... I didn't do it but that looks really badly done by them.. Basing it on the Higher Level paper, I'd imagine that section two is the

PATTERNS AND PROCESSES IN ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES
    and
    PATTERNS AND PROCESSES IN THE HUMAN ENVIRONMENT

and you answer one question from either of the topics...

But they didn't label or title it or anything which is a mistake..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 RA253195370HK

I was doing higher but the ordinary ones in the room were confused about it so the supervisor got a teacher to call up about it. Apparently there were a load of people calling up and they said they might be forced to give full marks for that question. Lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

This mistake confused all of us yesterday aswell. Most of us sat there waiting for an explanation but the examiner didnt have a clue. He called the other examiner but she didnt know either. Any ideas how they will mark it due to their mistake?.

Advertisement