Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re- Grouting Indian Sandstone Patio

Options
  • 06-06-2008 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

Im looking to re grout my patio (30sq mt approx) but im not sure on the best method or products to use. Iv been thinking of using Rompox rather than sand and cement as im looking to use something similar to the colour of the slab. Has anyone ever used Rompox or know where to get it/price?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

hi AK,
    have not used rompox as yet but the few that i know
    that have gave very favorable reports on it.
    if you go to pavingexpert.com/ and search for romex
    (parent group of rompox)it will answer any ?s you may
    have,also i think that mcmonagle stone of donegal
    have the distribution of romex products in Ireland.
    hope this is of some use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

We used a premixed material recently called Fuge immobest readmix. It sets like cement and lets the water through. Very easy to apply, just give the area a good soaking and sweep it into place. 30meter patio took about an hour to do and four buckets of Fuge, price was about €25/bucket?? Purchased from a very helpful chap called Ambrose Rooney between Navan & Kells.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fdearle

Hi Staplier,

Its a while since you posted this reply. I'm hoping you notice my response.

I've just had granite slabs laid where the grouting was the Fuge immobest. Before grouting the slabs were a nice light gray. Now they are stained darker gray where the mortar was applied. I looked at the tub and I see that it is resin based. This this happen for your slabs and did the staining eventually go away.

Regards

Ferg

Advertisement