Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeilge ArdLeibhéal...Cad ata sibh ag deanamh..?

Options
  • 06-06-2008 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

ok narrowing down irish!!!

for paper 1 im gonna go with:
    An Gaeilge
    An Saol Inniu
    Slad ar na boithre
    An Coras Slainte

any suggestions...??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Faic.

Nah, not really.

I feel learning off essays is wrong, so I'm just gonna be learning as much vocabulary as I can (and last minute grammar!), and hoping an interesting essay title comes up on the day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sexpanther

sounds gud, but anything bout sport/olympics and crime etc?
    is coras slainte a certainty?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Heard racism will come up in some form or other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭stripypumkin

Faic.

Nah, not really.

I feel learning off essays is wrong, so I'm just gonna be learning as much vocabulary as I can (and last minute grammar!), and hoping an interesting essay title comes up on the day...

well thats what im mean but im really focusing on them for vocab!!

lizt wrote: »
    Heard racism will come up in some form or other.

ya same here...meh 13 days nd counting:(

• Advertisement

well thats what im mean but im really focusing on them for vocab!!
    That's a good idea. I have a lot of strange vocabulary. (Most recent: cathair ghríobháin = labyrinth, easaontóir = dissenter) God knows if I'll ever use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I hope drugs in sport comes up in a debate or speech.That would be the best thing ever

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭littlneutralone

Anyone hoping to do the interview question? I'm always worried there's a catch to it..since so few people do it.

I love it 'cos you can generally jump around topics and not focus on anything in great great detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Would drugs be to general? The whole cocaine scandal was really topical around the time the papers were set.

Deffo doing the health system & road deaths.

Whats the jack with the interview actually??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I gotta start learning some proverbs to chuck into my debate. Debates are far easier to write imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭littlneutralone

lovechem wrote: »
    Whats the jack with the interview actually??
    What's the jack?? You mean what's the dealio?

Generally you're talking to someone for your school magazine. Last year I think it was some oul folks in a home. Seriously, NICE. You could cover An Saol Inniu..how drugs, environment, media, and all that wasn't an issue back in the days. Same question came up in my mock and I got like 6 pages out of it. It's basically an article with direct quotes...but you can kind of form a personality for the person you're talking to..so different from the essay, where you just write down what everyone knows.

But with the Agallamh/Alt question, for the past two years both options have been Agallamhs so I'm scared they'll put two Alts on this year. I'll probably look at the debate second. Maybe it's spillover from English, but I find it easier knowing what register I'm writing in, and the aiste just seems kind of vague and purposeless to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭melboix

I'm doing a scèal :) Far more enjoyable and the titles are usually pretty easy to adapt to. I've one or two ideas in my head, so hopefully I can use one of 'em!

Paper 2 should be interesting. I'm really just hoping for a good Scothscèalta question...the poems are in front of you like, so it's not all that hard to answer on them. And the pròs are pretty easy...again, a nice question would make it that bit more enjoyable but what can y'do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Caoimhe89

I'd say there'll be something on na Cluichi Oilimpeacha... I'm learning a thing or two to say on the subject anyway!

Apart from that, it'll be cramming for Stair na Gaeilge...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Tá mé ag deanamh gnáthleibhéal

haw haw haw

Losers :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Mark200 wrote: »
    Tá mé ag deanamh gnáthleibhéal

haw haw haw

Losers :p

Táim ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Nuair a rinne mise an Ardteist an bhliain seo chaite, rinne mé alt nár smaoinigh mé faoi roimhe sin, agus fuaireas A1, so ní gá duit an rud a fhóghlaim de ghlan meabhair. Just, caithfidh sibh a bheith cliste faoi, agus bígí suimúil! Níl aon rud níos measa ná cúpla leathanach leadránacha á léamh agat, agus an ghriain ard sa spéir i mí Iúil! É sin ráite, ná déan iarracht rudaí a rá nach bhfuil cliú dá laghad agat conas a chuirtear é.

Ádh mór oraibh.

EDIT: Ní rabhas i ngaelscoil, agus ní rabhas ríomh sa ghaeltacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Bambi16

Im going with Health, Olympics(drugs in sport) and maybe racism?

Can someone tell me the difference between aiste and scéal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

You know the content of the essay is irrelevant? You are being examined on well you can communicate through Irish, Not the amount of facts your lame essay has :D

A scéal is a creative story, with a plot and characters etc.
    An aiste is more a factual thing (though of course it's not a history exam), examining your use of informative language etc.

And tramoredude, there's 20% going for content, and if you go down in that, they'll take your cruinneas teanga mark down as well. Or at least that's what we were told... Of course you don't need to know things like "in the last 2 years the number of hospital beds has decreased by 25%" (god knows if that's true), but you need to stay somewhere near the topic.

I'm guessing you're allowed be factually wrong... I hope! Might make up some statistics if necessary. Sure newspapers do it all the time. ¬.¬

(Most recent: cathair ghríobháin = labyrinth, easaontóir = dissenter) God knows if I'll ever use it.

lol I Like!

• Advertisement
Advertisement