Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

funniest/coolest thing you saw/heard about in the deise

• 06-06-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭

as the title say just a thread for some light relief , so what have you seen or heard about happening in the deise. it can be anything that made you smile or laugh or even cringe.
    i thought of this earlier when i saw a man out walking his dog on keanes road and as he stopped to tie his lace the dog pissed on his back the man never copped on and they both got up and went about there buisness, he is probabily at home now wondering where the smell is coming from.

also i remember a story a few years ago of a chap from larchville coming home in the horrors and being so hungry he decided to grill some burgers .ten minutes later and the burgers were melting all over the grill thats when he realised he was grilling wagon wheels.

any way so any one else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

This is true. A fella was out drinking in town and at the end of the night he was fairly steamed, his mates said to him to ring a taxi, he said who should he ring and they said three sevens and a ten (77710) so off he went (this was sort of pre-mobiles) to the payphone, only to return giving out to the lads that there was no ten (10) on the phone. true, can't name names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

cant remember when, but a woman on the radio called in and said she saw skateboarders on the plaza skating down from the top of the big white tent with big knives cutting holes the whole way down the tent..

honestly.. :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dazftw wrote: »
    cant remember when, but a woman on the radio called in and said she saw skateboarders on the plaza skating down from the top of the big white tent with big knives cutting holes the whole way down the tent..

honestly.. :rolleyes:

Didnt that happen? I thought the tent was seriously damaged once?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Sully wrote: »

fajitas come quick ...... sully is trolling:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

SUNGOD wrote: »
    fajitas come quick ...... sully is trolling:D

o_O I was actually serious. I thought the plaza tent was vandalised and cost the council to get it repaired?

EDIT: http://archives.tcm.ie/waterfordnews/2003/04/17/story10158.asp

Not as described but close enough!

• Advertisement

o_O I was actually serious. I thought the plaza tent was vandalised and cost the council to get it repaired?

hes at it again :D

haha knew someone would think it actually happened like that.. I know who cut the tent as a matter of fact. 2 people did it. It was not skateboarders.. One use to be though. What I found funny was a woman on the radio thought it was possible to go down the tent on a skateboard with a knife and cut the tent.. how is that even possible like? If you look at the size of the tent like how steep it is.

I dunno I just found it funny listening to this mad one on the radio saying it. :D

I dont think it would be to hard to skate down that tent - any decent skater should be able to handle it... Obviously I dont recommend doing it as its not safe and accidents happen - but my guess is its possible. I did a small bit of skating and I knew a lot of people who were big into it and stuff like that is a challenge they seem to enjoy! :)

I dont think it would be to hard to skate down that tent - any decent skater should be able to handle it...

If there wasn't the massive drop at the end then yeah otherwise your going break a leg :rolleyes:

just the knife makes me laugh haha

right if we are over the "who stabbed the plaza" incident:D

one night many years ago a few friends and i were in fat sams(muldoons to ye who are young and the coachman to ye that are anicent sorry i mean slighty older). anyway a few of our group were underage and one in paticular was very nervous about being caught in a pub by the guards and being brought home. so there we are upstairs in muldoons when across the dance floor through the smoke and disco lights we saw someone in a navy uniform and peaked hat slowly come up the stairs( think of the nightclub scene in the terminator when everything is in slow motion and you have it).
    so our nervous underage friend takes one look at this, drops his pint of warm hoffmans , shouts "THE LAW" and legs it down the back stairs .
    he was probabily by walsh park when the chap collecting for the barrack street band reached the top of the stairs .
    he even had an empty paint tin with a slit in the top for collecting money , i hasten to add our friend has yet to totally live this down.

good times

• Advertisement

more funny peculiar, then funny ha ha,

krazy konor halpin (his spelling) not really crazy more disturbing :eek:

and matt keane on a moped reporting on the traffic, gets me every time:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

SUNGOD wrote: »
    matt keane on a moped reporting on the traffic, gets me every time:D
    I'd say he makes it up anyway. I see him on the quay by the Munster Express most mornings, I'd say he looks at the Quay and looks over to Ferrybank, job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭birdie08

eh, enoying d funnies, keep them going:)

Advertisement