Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Replacement Parts

Options
  • 06-06-2008 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, Somewhat of a newbie to this, but here goes , i have a kjworks glock 23 and the hopup rubber has gone, went back the place where i got it, and they have difficulty getting it, so i tried another irish retailer, oh there are hard to get, try uncompany which i did, but i am totally confused between this glock and that glock, will a part for this glock fit my one.

I was also looking at getting a few upgrade parts but all bits and pieces seem to point to UK or elsewhere, so in short need a bit of guidance in where to go, and what to look out for.

Apologies to anyone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

not too much point upgrading a pistol. espescially a gas pistol. better option in my opinion would be too just get yourself a nice CO2 pistol and go from there.

as for the hop-up rubber, most parts would be interchangeable and i think the hop rubber is the same for any kjw pistol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

co2 pistols are a bit of a pain to be honest

firstly you have to find one that fires under 1 Joule
    then you have to get a good & cheap source of co2 capsules
    then you have to change the capsule every 2-3 mag fulls of BBs

redstarjf: Hopup rubbers for pistols are different to those in AEGs, but they can still be gotten, are you sure it is actually worn out and doesn't just need adjustment? It's unusual for a pistol hopup rubber to wear out, unless you've been putting a serious number of BBs through it

Moved to troubleshooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

theres loads now shooting less then 1j.
    WE 1911 for a start.
    Considering that you often have to gas a mag more then once to get 1 mag of BB's out because of pressure differances, changing the co2 bubble after 2 mags isnt that bad and they are alot more consistant then gas i've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Your KJW pistol probably has adjustable hop-up, consult your manual, it should have a bit on bbs swerving up and down, what part of the gun do they show being adjusted?
    Whatever it is it will be the hop-up, I don't own one of those pistols but this is how you can find out yourself.
    See if you can turn up the hop-up and rectify your problem, actually, what makes you think its the hop?
    If its the bbs dropping quickly after leaving the barrel, you can probably just turn up the hop.

Worst case scenario the hop rubber is worn out, which would be amazing to be honest if the gun is new, TM hop ups suit kjw pistols afaik, as kjw is a copy of TM.
    Check WGC shop for parts, or Redwolf airsoft, they are two other well stocked retailers.

Advertisement