Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

After a 10 year break, I'm returning to horse riding

• 06-06-2008 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

After a 10 year break, I'm returning to horse riding lessons on Sunday. I was just looking for any advice you might have. I've been put into an advanced class but I'm a bit concerned since I haven't jumped in so long. I'm not worried about trotting and cantering and all that. But this jumping has me a bit nervous! I'm considering doing a private lesson during the week. Any opinions on private lessons versus group classes?? All advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Private lessons are good because then you have the full attention of the instructor. You'd be better off getting back into the swing of things with your flatwork first before jumping I'd say and then start off small like x-poles and stuff until you feel you are OK to go bigger. good luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭xxkarenxx

A Private lesson is good as you have the whole hour to yourself but they can be pricey, how about even going semi private where one or two others share with you. It can save on cost and you still get a lot more attention.
    With regards to the jumping don't do anything you are not comfortable with. I'm sure your instructer will understand.
    Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sweetbubbly

Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna book a private lesson for during the week. (only €40 for hr) Thats if I dont fall off today and get scared! lol

Advertisement