Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Dreamweaver Templates?

Options
  • 06-06-2008 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

Looks like a I wasted money recently on a dreamweaver course. Does anyone even use dreamweaver anymore?

I've been looking for modern templates and I can't seem to find anything suitable for editing with dream weaver. Can anyone help, or should I should **** off and learn how to use another package?

What are professional web developers using to build new sites with these days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I'm using Komodo ... and was using Eclipse ... crimson editor before that ...

They are all text editors though so ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Yes people still use Dreamweaver - its a timesaver. I tend to use it mainly in code mode though, and use it to speed up my manual coding with the occasional flip to design mode for text and image insert and format. It doesn't always render correctly in design mode, either with css layouts or table layouts, which is a major annoyance given it's price.

Professional developers will use plain code editors and/or dreamweaver. Most tend to not use templates though - they roll their own, so graphic design skills are required too.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

squibs wrote: »
    Yes people still use Dreamweaver - its a timesaver. I tend to use it mainly in code mode though, and use it to speed up my manual coding with the occasional flip to design mode for text and image insert and format. It doesn't always render correctly in design mode, either with css layouts or table layouts, which is a major annoyance given it's price.

Professional developers will use plain code editors and/or dreamweaver. Most tend to not use templates though - they roll their own, so graphic design skills are required too.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

I know my way around dreamweaver and can produce a "reasonable" looking site, but I don't feel like I can produce a site of the quality that would be used for medium to large scale business or one that stands out. I guess this is down to a lack of the graphics design skills/experience you mentioned.

Since I don't have the skills, I've been looking for quality templates I can manipulate to design a quality site for a new business idea. Problem is all the templates I find seem to be flash. I've tried to learn flash on my own but I'm in over my head.

Advertisement